55 of the Best Summer Recipes to enjoy all season long, including appetizers, dinners, salads, sandwiches, drinks, desserts, and more!
As the sun comes out and the weather heats up, we tuck away our comfort foods and bring out the fresh flavors of summer! From cranking up the grill to using all the crisp fresh vegetables and juicy seasonal fruit, there are so many delicious recipes to choose from.
We’ve rounded up our best summertime recipes from appetizers to sides, dinners, desserts, and more so you can enjoy the tastiest summer eats all season long!
Summer Appetizers and Snacks
Whether you need a couple of appetizers to serve with drinks with friends, or snacks to enjoy with the family, we have you covered with our favorite summer apps and snacks!
- There’s so much flavor packed into one pan of Chipotle Chicken Sheet Pan Nachos; you’ll love the creamy queso and spicy jalapenos! Plus, we use store-bought rotisserie chicken, so you can skip heating the whole house up and even toss the sheet pan on the grill for an oven-less meal!
- This Bruschetta recipe is full of fresh summer flavors and the perfect way to use your tomato harvest!
- While corn on the cob makes a delicious summer side, you’ll want to use your fresh summer sweet corn for at least a few batches of these Cheesy Jalapeno Corn Cakes. Take advantage of fresh corn, make several batches and freeze them for fresh summer flavor all season long!
- Don’t let the name fool you. These fresh Spring Rolls are perfect for a summer appetizer. You’ll love the fresh mushrooms, peppers, and of course, the spicy peanut dipping sauce.
- Bring out a bowl of fresh Pico de Gallo and some tortilla chips, and watch it quickly disappear!
- For a salsa twist, try our Mango Salsa which has a fresh pop of sweet flavor that tastes amazing with salty tortilla chips.
- Serve Grilled Chicken Satay as an easy outdoor appetizer. And don’t forget the spicy peanut dip!
- These Grilled Flatbreads Topped with Peach Prosciutto, and Burrata take just 10 minutes to toss together and can be made right on the grill!
- Serve this Heirloom Tomato, Peach and Burrata Summer Plate as is or with some slices of crostini to scoop up this flavorful combination.
- Want to elevate traditional s’mores? Try these Savory S’mores for a grown-up version with prosciutto, brie, and fresh herbs.
- Serve your guests Mexican Shrimp Cocktail cups with avocado, corn, cucumber, tomato, and of course, juicy, succulent shrimp!
- This Fresh Summer Appetizer Platter has a little bit of everything you need — mozzarella, cucumbers, melon, prosciutto, and a delicious honey Greek yogurt spread.
- For a fresh and light appetizer, try this Prosciutto Topped Cucumber Crostini, which will leave you feeling refreshed, but still ready to enjoy a delicious dinner.
Summer Burgers and Sandwiches
Need a hand-held option this summer? Try any of our favorite sandwich and burger recipes!
- Grilled Tri-Tip Sandwiches just scream summer! We LOVE making these sandwiches and enjoying them outside with an iced cold beer or Spicy Michelada!
- Chickpea Salad Sandwich is a delicious vegetarian sandwich that is amazing for summer lunch prep or packing for a picnic!
- What’s better than a cheeseburger on the grill? A Juicy Lucy! This burger is loaded with cheese on the inside so that every bite is oozing with melty delicious cheese. Add your favorite toppings and enjoy!
- Try these Grilled BLTA Flatbreads for a super simple and light dinner. Charred flatbread topped with bacon, cheese, tomato, avocado, and lettuce for a fun spin on a BLT sandwich.
- Have a meat lover at home? Make this Bacon Western Double Cheeseburger recipe for the ultimate satisfying burger experience. Who doesn’t love onion rings on a burger?
- For a meatless burger this summer, try our Spicy Black Bean Burger! This burger is full of rich black bean flavor studded with spicy jalapenos!
- Need to feed a crowd? Our Bocadillo Bites are perfect for making, slicing, and serving as a delicious and filling finger food for any summer party.
- With three kinds of meat, plenty of cheese, and overflowing with veggies and lettuce, Grinder Sandwiches are an amazing filling lunch or dinner on a hot day!
Summer Dinner Ideas
There’s a little something for everyone in our summer dinner recipes. We have grilling recipes, vegetarian recipes, and many options that use fresh seasonal summer ingredients!
- Our special dry rub really makes this Carne Asada as flavorful as can be. Use this seasoned meat to make tacos, or a savory torta. When it doubt, double the batch so you can make some Carne Asada Fries or Carne Asada Nachos!
- Beer Battered Shrimp Tacos pair perfectly with fresh crunchy slaw. We love to give a little grill to the tortillas before we serve them so they’re toasty warm and have the perfect slightly charred flavor.
- Our Lamb Kofta is a summer dinner favorite. Cumin, coriander, and ginger marry to add the most amazing flavor to the ground lamb. We love serving it on a platter of rice, with tomatoes, lettuce, cucumbers, and plenty of hummus.
- These Zucchini Lasagna Roll Ups are a fun way to use up all the summer zucchini. Think of this recipe like a layered lasagna, except we use zucchini strips instead of pasta noodles and roll them up instead of layering them.
- Our Buffalo Cauliflower can be enjoyed all year round, but we particularly love it in the summer paired with a fresh side salad. The combo of spicy and fresh is perfect for a hot day!
- This Hawaiian Style Crispy Garlic Shrimp is a super flavorful dish. We love the bright-flavored pineapple next to the super crispy, savory garlic shrimp.
- This easy Chipotle Chicken Burrito Bowl is great for using leftover chicken but also an excellent way to use up any extra odds and ends you might have in your refrigerator. This super flexible recipe is perfect for leftovers on a hot day!
- Our Grilled Zucchini Tacos are a great summer vegetarian option. The grilled vegetables are incredibly flavorful, so you never feel like you’re missing anything. It’s the perfect simple meat-free summer dinner idea!
The Best Soups for Summer
Summer may not seem like “soup season”, but we have some amazing soups that are perfect for the warmer summer months, using fresh seasonal vegetables (and fruits!).
Nothing says summer like corn on the cob! Make this seasonal vegetable into a light and refreshing meal with our Sweet Corn Gazpacho soup.
A little sweet, a little savory, and a pinch of spice, this Strawberry and Tomato Gazpacho is the perfect soup to cool you down on a hot summer day.
This Corn Chowder has quickly become a classic and one of the best ways to enjoy and preserve fresh summer sweet corn. This recipe freezes well so we love to make a double batch and freeze some for another time.
Summer Salad Recipes
On hot days, a refreshing salad loaded with fresh veggies, crunchy lettuce, and all the toppings is exactly what we crave. Try any (or all!) of our hearty and satisfying salads this summer!
- Our Loaded BBQ Chicken Salad is a fan favorite — hearty flavorful chicken with all the flavors from yummy seasonal ingredients like fresh corn, crunchy jicama, and juicy tomatoes.
- This Summer Steak Salad is great for a crowd. Everyone will love the pairing of rich, buttery steak with seasonal fresh ingredients like sweet corn, ripe tomatoes, and juicy peaches. You can serve it on a platter, with a side of pita, or over a big bed of lettuce.
- If you love avocados- this is the salad for you! Our Grilled Avocado Salad is incredibly delicious, and the grilling of the avocados adds a nice smoky touch. We dressed it with an herbed yogurt dressing for a balanced and refreshing flavor.
- This Loaded Salmon Summer Salad is an unlikely but incredible combination of flaky salmon, bacon, sweet corn, juicy white peaches, and creamy avocados. The creamy tahini vinaigrette finishes it off for an irresistibly hearty salad.
- Our Coconut Shrimp Summer Salad is almost as pretty to look at as it is tasty to eat! Beautiful heirloom tomatoes and nectarines add the perfect juicy touch while the coconut breading adds a slightly sweetened crunch you’ll love!
- This Corn Salad is made with brown butter, giving everything a deliciously savory, and nutty flavor. Seared cubes of halloumi add a pleasantly salty flavor making it one of our summer favorites!
- This Hawaiian Style Macaroni Salad is the quintessential salad to pair with anything you might be grilling. Our salad is super creamy and has some nice vegetable additions to give it some crunch.
- Our Broccoli Crunch Salad is a great addition to any picnic or summer get-together! The combination of crisp broccoli, bits of bacon, and crunchy cashews makes it a fan favorite at potlucks!
- Nothing goes better with BBQ than a heaping scoop of Creamy Potato Salad! Baby red potatoes and hard-boiled eggs mashed with a tangy and creamy dressing with mayo, dijon, pickles, and chives give this simple side a flavorful twist.
- If you need a simple salad to serve with dinner this summer, you can’t go wrong with a classic Caesar Salad. Lettuce, parmesan cheese, croutons, and Caesar dressing are all you need to whip up this satisfying salad.
Delicious Summer Drink Recipes
We are always on the lookout for refreshing summer drink recipes that are easy to pull together and hit the spot in the middle of those scorching heat waves.
- We love our Summer Shandy Drink recipe. It’s refreshingly light and won’t knock you to your feet. It’s a mixed drink made with beer, making it lighter than those made with liquor. You can make it even easier and use store-bought lemonade as a mixer!
- Our Michelada drink recipe is savory and perfect for a leisurely brunch. This summer drink recipe has a bright and tangy taste, and is also made with beer, making it a lower-alcohol mixed drink!
- Palomas are one of our all-time favorite cocktails. It’s such a simple and super refreshing summer drink and the perfect way to cool down on a hot summer day.
- If you’re looking for a delicious and refreshing nonalcoholic beverage, you have to try out Matcha Lemonade. It’s so simple to make and the matcha adds a delicious, subtle earthy vibe to each sip.
- In just 15 minutes, you can be sipping on a refreshing glass of Homemade Lemonade with our simple recipe. Nothing beats that fresh squeezed taste!
- Add some variety and sweeten things up with a glass of Strawberry Lemonade. Make a big pitcher and watch it disappear as kids and adults alike gulp this seasonal favorite down all summer.
- Is it a dessert, or is it a drink? Our homemade Milkshake recipe is the best way to cool down this summer. This classic recipe uses ice cream and milk, but don’t forget to customize it with a fun flavor combination!
One of the best parts of summer is all the seasonal berries and stone fruit. We look forward to these summer dessert recipes all year!
- Our Pina Colada Italian Ice Pops are always fun to make. You can easily omit the alcohol to make these kid-friendly and perfect to stash in your freezer for a homemade treat to cool down! Find reusable push pop molds here.
- These Strawberry Shortcakes are always a crowd-pleaser. We make ours with a simple cornmeal drop biscuit, cutting down the time on this summer dessert recipe. It’s a great way to use all those juicy summer strawberries you have!
- Our Ricotta Crostata is super flexible and can be made using any fresh fruit you have on hand!
- These Banana Cream Tarts are the perfect summer dessert recipe for a special occasion. The whipped cream filling is light, fluffy, and really makes this tart shine!
- Forget the boring ice cream flavors, and whip up a batch of our Salted Cantaloupe and Ginger Ice Cream! The unique flavor combination makes this smooth and creamy ice cream really pop!
- When we need a simple dessert to bring to a gathering, we break out these Blueberry Yogurt Cookies. You get a burst of blueberry in each bite, and they’re so light and fluffy they’ll remind you of muffin tops!
More Delicious Round Ups We Think You Will Love:
Hungry for more?
Subscribe to never miss a recipe.
The Best Summer Recipes: Summer Snack Board
- 2 large heirloom tomatoes, cut into wedges (about 8 pieces each)
- 2 ripe peach, pitted and cut into wedges (about 8 pieces)
- 1 large ball burrata
- 4 ounces very thinly sliced prosciutto (8 to 9 strips)
- fresh oregano leaves
- fresh basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- sea salt flakes for sprinkling
- fresh cracked black pepper
- Spread tomato wedges and peach wedges onto a large platter.
- Tear prosciutto into smaller strips and nestle between fruit wedges.
- Break burrata ball up into heaping spoonfuls and dot around other ingredients
- Top platter with fresh oregano leaves and basils leaves. Finish with a drizzle of oil, sprinkle of sea salt flakes and cracked black pepper. Serve.