We have a simple, summer grilling recipe for you guys today: simple and really delicious Grilled BLTA Flatbreads! Grilling the flatbreads give this dish a really nice, but subtle smoky flavor. This recipe seriously takes no time at all to put together and is such a crowd pleaser. It’s also a great weeknight meal, especially if you cook the bacon the night before or that morning! I’ll usually make a few and slice them up for serving, but every now and then, if it’s just the husband and I, I’ll just take a whole one, fold it in half and take it straight to the face, because sometimes you just gotta do what you gotta do, ya know? :) Enjoy! xx, Jenny
Hungry for more?
Grilled BLTA Flatbreads
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 pieces flatbread (such as pita or naan)
- ½ cup shredded white cheddar
- 6 to 8 slices crispy cooked bacon
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 heaping cup shredded romaine or iceberg lettuce
- ½ avocado, peeled, pitted and thinly sliced
- ⅛ thinly sliced red onion, optional
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat grill to medium high heat. Brush flatbread with oil and lightly season with salt and pepper.
- Once grill is hot, add bread and grill on each side for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and top each with halve of the shredded cheese and bacon slices.
- Place flatbread back on the grill, over medium heat, and grill for 3 to 4 minutes or until the cheese has melted and the flatbreads have crisped up.
- Remove from grill and top with cherry tomatoes, shredded lettuce, avocado, and red onion, if using.
- Lightly season with salt and pepper and serve.