I love making homemade pizza at home because it’s nice to be able to make a pizza in the size you want, with the ingredients you want. When I am really lazy, which is most of the time I just grab some store bought dough at the grocery store. Whole Foods has the best store bought dough in the game in my opinion. I usually find it right near where they make their own pizza. I usually don’t use all of the dough, so if you have some leftover you can always make a mini batch of our pizza wheels! Anyway, sometimes it’s nice to get some pizza topping ingredients so I don’t always go with the fail safe of pepperoni and mushrooms. So today we have this fall inspired beauty of pizza, which is our Roasted Sweet Potato, Salami and Arugula Pizza. :) Yum.
Hungry for more?
Subscribe to never miss a recipe.
Roasted Sweet Potato, Salami and Arugula Pizza
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- ½ sweet potato, thinly sliced
- 1 (8 ounce) store bought pizza dough, room temperature
- ½ cup coarse cornmeal
- 6 ounces (part-skim) mozzarella, thinly sliced
- thinly sliced red onion
- 6 ounces thinly sliced salami, lightly sautéed
- salt and pepper to taste
- crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- Preheat oven to 400˚F.
- Place 1 ½ tablespoons oil and sweet potato into a large mixing bowl and toss together. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spread onto a baking sheet and roast for 6 to 8 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow slices to cool.
- Raise the oven temperature to 450˚F.
- On a clean surface roll dough into a 14” circle, about ⅛” thick. Sprinkle cornmeal onto a baking sheet and top with rolled dough.
- Brush the remaining oil over the dough and spread potato slices and ½ the cheese over the surface, leaving a `½ inch border around the edge.
- Top with ½ the salami, onions, and remaining cheese.
- Bake pizza for 12 to 15 minutes or until crust has browned and cheese is bubbling.
- Remove from the oven and allow the pizza to cool for about 5 minutes.
- Top with remaining salami and arugula and serve (with crushed red pepper flakes, if desired).
- *Makes 1 (14”) pizza