We’ve spoken about our love for breakfast foods, as well as our love for all things pizza, and today we have a simple, but seriously delicious mash up of those two things combined. Cracking eggs over a pizza isn’t anything new, but it certainly takes any pizza to the next level. Our recipe today is a take on a classic American breakfast with crisp cooked bacon, savory o’brien potatoes and irresistible fried eggs with runny yolks, all atop a gooey, melty, cheesy pizza crust.
This recipe is a breeze to throw together and you can make it a day or two ahead of time by loading the rolled out dough with all the topping, except for the eggs, and tightly wrapping the built pizza up in plastic wrap and refrigerating for up to 2 day or freezing for up to 3 months. Then when you’re ready to bake the pizza, you can just add the cracked eggs to the pizza and bake away! Plus, if you have a Frigidaire Professional Double Wall Oven, you can skip out on the preheat wait time, with the No Preheat feature. We’re totally in love with this awesome feature because we can’t even count the number of times we’ve forgotten to get our oven going ahead of time, only to be bummed out with having to wait up to an extra 15 minutes for our oven to get hot.
If you want, you can simplify this recipe further by buying the pizza dough instead of making your own. Plus, did you know you could go to your local pizzeria and buy fresh dough from them, for a very inexpensive price? It’s so great because you still get glorious, fresh, homemade pizza dough without going through the trouble of making it yourself!
This recipe is the perfect brunch or even breakfast for dinner dish, especially with Father’s Day right around the corner! Were you hoping to grill something for your dad instead? No problem! This breakfast pizza can also be thrown on the grill for added flavor and an al fresco touch. Enjoy! ☺
Here are some other breakfast recipes you will love:
- Breakfast Tart
- Quiche Pockets with a Mornay Sauce
- Charred Corn and Bacon Pizza with a Cream Cheese Stuffed Crust
- Huevos Rancheros
- Simple Egg and Cheese Tartlets
- Potato Skin Egg Boats
- Crispy and Cheesy Hash Browns
Hungry for more?
Subscribe to never miss a recipe.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 small new potatoes, diced
- ¼ cup diced green bell peppers
- ¼ cup diced red bell peppers
- 2 teaspoons minced thyme
- 3 rashers cooked bacon, chopped
- 1 cup part skim shredded mozzarella
- 3 large eggs, cracked into individual ramekins
- 1 (8 ounce) store bought pizza dough, room temperature
- salt and pepper to taste
- coarse cornmeal for dusting
- sliced chives
- Preheat oven to 425˚F.
- Pour oil into a skillet and place over medium-high heat. Add potatoes and sauté for 3 to 4 minutes. Add bell peppers and continue to sauté for 3 to 4 minutes. Add thyme and season with salt and pepper. Once potatoes are fork tender remove from heat and set aside to allow mixture to cool.
- Lightly dust a clean surface with flour and roll pizza dough out into a 12 or 14 inch circle, about ¼ inch thick.
- Dust a baking sheet with cornmeal and top with pizza dough.
- Sprinkle ⅔ cup of cheese over the rolled pizza dough and top with potato mixture and chopped bacon. Top with remaining cheese.
- Carefully make 3 wells on the top of the pizza and pour a cracked egg into each well. Lightly season with salt and pepper and transfer pizza to the oven.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until crust is golden brown, cheese is bubbling and eggs are cooked with a runny yolk.
- Top pizza with sliced chives, slice and serve.
- *Makes 1 (12”-14”) Pizza
- *Tip: For crispy on the outside and soft on the inside potatoes use a cast iron skillet and get it nice and hot before adding the potatoes, sautéing and gently lowering the heat.This is made nice and easy with the Frigidaire Professional Gas Cooktop.