These little breakfast cups are delicious. Flaky and cheesy, with eggs and bacon? Yes please. I love how crispy the edges of the bacon get when this gets baked. I am also really into the ease of using store bought puffy pastry for this. It just makes the entire process to easy. It also gives you the flexibility to make as little or as many of these as you might want. Enjoy!
Hungry for more?
Subscribe to never miss a recipe.
Cheesy, Flaky Breakfast Cups
- 1 (10”x15”) sheets puff pastry, thawed
- 9 strips bacon slightly undercooked, so still pliable
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese
- 9 large eggs
- 9 tablespoons heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons thinly sliced chives
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400˚F.
- Slightly roll thawed puff pastry out to create a 12”x15” sheet.
- Cut puff pastry into 9 (4”x 5”) pieces.
- Press each piece of puff pastry into a cavity of a muffin tin and prick the bottoms and sides with a fork.
- Lay a strip of partially cooked bacon into each cup, with the ends sticking out of each side.
- Sprinkle 1 tablespoon cheese over bacon. Crack an egg into each pastry cup and top with 1 tablespoon cream. Season with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle another tablespoon cheese into each cup place muffin tin into oven.
- Bake cups for 15 to 18 minutes or until puff pastry is golden brown, egg whites have set but yolks are still a little runny.
- Remove from oven, top each with about a teaspoon of chives and cool, about 5 minutes.
- Remove each cup from muffin tin and serve.