Breakfast might be one of our favorite meals of the day. It really is the most important meal of the day and starting our days off with a good breakfast really sets the tone for the rest of the day. We both have more energy and tend to not mindlessly snack as much when we’ve fueled up in the morning.
We’ve put together a list of 40+ really delicious breakfast ideas for you all today to help you also start your mornings off on the right foot!
Eggs, Eggs and More Eggs!
- Eggs are probably one of our favorite things to eat for breakfast and our Baked Egg Boats are top notch! It’s the most delicious quiche you will ever eat, but baked into a crusty, toasted baguette instead of a pie crust. It’s hands down one of our best breakfast creations!
- If you have a little more time on your hands, you need to make these Twice Baked Breakfast Potatoes! It’s one of our favorite breakfast ideas with eggs! They’re so decadent and delicious and a perfect breakfast to make and enjoy on a lazy weekend!
- These Cheesy Flaky Breakfast Cups are perfect when you’re making breakfast or brunch for a crowd. It’s really easy to get these whipped up once you have all your ingredients together.
- We might be bias, but we think our take on Egg McMuffins are better than the original. They’re easy to make, ridiculously delicious and a total crowd pleaser!
- Our Hash Brown Crust Bacon and Cheddar Quiche is another crowd pleaser that we LOVE! The hash brown crust is playful, delicious and also freezes really well!
- Our Croque Madame Toast is definitely not to be missed. It’s such a good indulgent breakfast and so easy to make!
- If you want to dress up simple scrambled eggs, you’ll love our Pesto Topped Soft Scrambled Eggs with Bacon. Yum!
Looking for Easy Breakfast Ideas, We’ve Got ‘Em!
- Our Sausage Strata is a favorite easy breakfast idea for special occasions. You can prep it all the night before and store it in the fridge, then when morning rolls around just pop it in the oven!
- Looking for another easy breakfast idea that’ll satisfy everyone? Our Simple Cheesy Skillet Hash Browns and Eggs uses minimal ingredients and truly is super simple!
- Although you might not believe it, Homemade English Muffins couldn’t be easier to make! They’re also so delicious and unlike any store bought ones you’ve eaten before, we promise.
- We love Bacon Gruyere and Green Onion Scones. Not only is it one of our favorite easy breakfast ideas, but it’s also a really great grab and go breakfast!
- Biscuits and Gravy is another indulgent meal that we totally love. The biscuits are soft, fluffy, buttery and perfect for sopping up all the creamy sausage gravy!
- Delicious homemade Gravlax is another recipe that seems like it’s really hard to make, but it’s not at all!
Healthy Breakfast Options
- Our Breakfast Scramble Stuffed Avocados are the perfect low carb breakfast idea that everyone loves. They can be made in under 10 minutes and the recipe can be scaled up or down so easily!
- One of our favorite healthy breakfast ideas is this Green Shakshuka. It’s filled with sautéed spinach, soft cooked eggs and topped with creamy avocado slices and a light sprinkle of queso fresco.
- There are so many options with our Chia Pudding! The endless topping possibilities and spice tweaks, like a pinch of cinnamon or vanilla, make it so we’re never bored with this delicious and healthy breakfast idea!
- Shakshuka with White Beans and Spinach is another shakshuka that we absolutely love. It’s so hearty, delicious and best of all good for you!
- Our Homemade Granola Bars are something we always have ready to go in the freezer! They’re a great grab and go breakfast or snack. We love how they hold together so well and use way less sugar than most store bought ones.
Something the Whole Family Will Love
- This Breakfast Casserole is so easy to make, can be tweaked based on flavor preference and is truly a hearty breakfast idea that the entire family will enjoy!
- Our Freeze Ahead Turkey Sausage Breakfast Sandwiches are the perfect breakfast idea for kids …well the whole family actually! They reheat in just a couple minutes and a perfect grab and go breakfast for the days you’re running out the door!
- Brown Sugar Coconut and Blueberry Pancakes takes plain pancakes to the next level! They’re so easy to make (so get the kiddos involved, if they’re old enough!) and really tasty!
- We think pizza should be eaten anytime of the day and you can do that with our Breakfast Pizza. Everyone will be thrilled to see a big ol’ pizza with all the delicious breakfast toppings sitting on the breakfast table!
- Sometimes you just want to give everyone in the family a treat and our Brown Butter Cinnamon Rolls are the perfect sweet breakfast to serve! The brown butter gives these fluffy cinnamon rolls a really awesome, nutty flavor. Serve with plenty of extra glaze on the side!
- Apple-Cinnamon French Toast is also another great breakfast idea for kids! They’ll love the apple-cinnamon custard in this baked french toast!
- If you’ve never made homemade bagels before, you must try our Mini Everything Bagels! They have a nice golden crust on the outside with a perfectly chewy center and packed full of flavor.
Breakfast in Under 30 Minutes? You Got It!
- A quick breakfast idea that we really love is our Coconut Banana Pancakes! They’re so easy to make and so satisfying! They’re perfect for any morning of the week too!
- Extra Cheesy Breakfast Grilled Cheese is totally a thing and we’re all about it. We promise it’ll be one of the best breakfast sandwiches you’ll ever tasted.
- If you’ve never had Honey Brick Toast before, you’re in for such a treat. A sweet custard is slathered onto thick pieces of milk bread (or other soft bread like brioche) and baked until sweet, toasty and totally addicting.
- Our Savory Herb French Toast is for people who prefer savory breakfasts over sweet ones. It’s so good, especially with a fried egg thrown on top!
- Another savory quick breakfast idea we love is our Herb and Cheese Dutch Baby. Just toss all the batter ingredients into a blender, pour into a hot skillet, bake, add cheese, bake again and enjoy!
Who Doesn’t Love Breakfast for Dinner?
- Breakfast Pot Pies? Yes, totally a thing! These stick to your ribs pot pies are so good! One of our favorite weekend breakfast ideas for sure!
- Our Loco Moco with Mushroom Gravy is another one of those stick to you ribs weekend breakfasts that we love! This dish can actually be enjoyed for dinner too, which we’re done on a number of occasions. We also love sticking some sautéed or steamed spinach on the side to help lighten things up.
- Our Savory Breakfast Pan is loaded with ll the good stuff and can feed a crowd for sure. Loaded with sweet potatoes, sweet peppers, dandelion greens (which can be swapped out for kale or spinach!), bacon, eggs, and toasty bread this dish is definitely a well-balanced meal!
- This Breakfast Tart is basically our excuse to toss simple breakfast ingredients onto a flaky sheet of puff pastry. It’s so easy to throw together; just add a salad on the side and you have a complete breakfast for dinner sitch on your hands!
- Chilaquiles is another favorite indulgent breakfast over here. Our version is makes a simplified red sauce, but still packs so much flavor and texture. We could eat this everyday.
- If you love shrimp and creamy cheesy things we guarantee you’ll love our Shrimp and Grits recipe! There’s so much flavor in the spice blend for the shrimp, with a small kick, which pairs them perfectly with the creamiest, cheesiest grits ever!
- If nachos are an acceptable dinner then so is our Breakfast Poutine with Hollandaise Sauce! It’s not a casual every night dinner, but definitely something to pull out every now and then when you really want to indulge!
Sweet Breakfast Treats
- When we’re looking for something on the sweeter side for breakfast we’ll turn to these Meyer Lemon and Ricotta Stuffed Crepes. They’re so easy to make, are too sweet and really fill you up.
- Salted Chocolate Dipped Liege Waffles are our favorite waffles! Seriously. They may take a bit more time and effort, but you’re rewarded with the most unreal, crispy on the outside, chewy with bits of crunch from the sugar on the inside waffles. So good!
- Our Banana Bread French Toast over the top delicious! Crusted in crisp corn flakes, this might be one of the best sweet French toasts you’ll ever try!
- This Sour Cream and Cinnamon Crumb Cake is our favorite crumb cake. The crunchy topping matches perfectly with the thick, soft and almost pound cake like texture and slight tang of the sour cream cake. Delicious!
- We love the flavor combination of our Cranberry and Orange Scones! They’re a great grab and go breakfast to enjoy with your coffee or tea and also make a great brunch treat for a ground of people!
- Our Cinnamon Roll Loaf is a breakfast idea that slightly simplifies the cinnamon roll experience. You get all the delicious flavors and soft and fluffy textures, but can have just a small slice if you want.
More Recipe Roundups You Will Love:
Check out our Google Web Story!
Hungry for more?
Subscribe to never miss a recipe.
40+ Delicious Breakfast Ideas: Easy Baked Eggs
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 5 tablespoons grated Parmesan
- 4 large eggs
- ½ cup heavy cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons crumbled goat cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes optional
- cilantro leaves
- Preheat oven to 350˚F.
- Rub a small baking dish with butter and sprinkle with parmesan.
- Crack eggs into baking dish and top with cream. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake eggs for 12 to 15 minutes or until whites have just set, but yolks are still a little runny.
- Remove eggs from oven and top with crumbled feta, crushed red pepper flakes and cilantro leaves.
- Serve with toasted bread.