Today we have the most simple and super delicious breakfast tart for you all. With the exception of cooking the bacon, this recipe mostly consists of arranging a small amount of ingredients onto some puff pastry, baking it and you have yourself a complete breakfast! You can make this tart even more hearty by adding some roasted country potatoes or cooked hash browns to it.
Sometimes when I’m feeling extra lazy I hit up my local whole foods and load up on their cooked bacon in the prepared/hot foods area. It’s pretty inexpensive (since you pay by weight), yummy and prevents me from having to dirty up my stovetop to fry up a bunch of bacon….again, I only do this when I’m feeling suuuuper lazy, but it’s a great option and I appreciate having that at my disposal every time! So if you guys have an option like that around you and you’re feeling a little lazy, I highly recommend taking advantage of it, especially during this ridiculous heat most of us are experiencing! I know, I just went off on a weird bacon tangent, but hopefully someone will find that tidbit of info useful! lol.
1 sheet puff pastry, thawed
1 cup shredded white cheddar
4-5 strips of cooked bacon
3 large eggs
2 green onions, sliced into 1 inch pieces on a bias
salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 400˚F.
2. Place thawed puff pastry onto a parchment lined baking sheet and prick the surface all over with a fork.
3. Fold all the edges inward, about 1/2 inch, and press the open edge with the back of a fork to seal.
4. Sprinkle cheese over the surface, creating 3 distinct wells on the surface, for the eggs.
5. Place the strips of bacon over the cheese, avoiding the cheese wells, if possible.
6. Carefully crack each egg into the wells and top with half of the green onions. Lightly season with salt and pepper.
7. Bake tart for 15 to 20 minutes or until puff pastry is golden brown and the egg whites have set (with the yolks still runny).
8. Remove tart from the oven, top with remaining green onions, slice and serve.