Today we have the most simple and super delicious breakfast tart for you all. With the exception of cooking the bacon, this recipe mostly consists of arranging a small amount of ingredients onto some puff pastry, baking it and you have yourself a complete breakfast! You can make this tart even more hearty by adding some roasted country potatoes or cooked hash browns to it.
Sometimes when I’m feeling extra lazy I hit up my local whole foods and load up on their cooked bacon in the prepared/hot foods area. It’s pretty inexpensive (since you pay by weight), yummy and prevents me from having to dirty up my stovetop to fry up a bunch of bacon….again, I only do this when I’m feeling suuuuper lazy, but it’s a great option and I appreciate having that at my disposal every time! So if you guys have an option like that around you and you’re feeling a little lazy, I highly recommend taking advantage of it, especially during this ridiculous heat most of us are experiencing! I know, I just went off on a weird bacon tangent, but hopefully someone will find that tidbit of info useful! lol.
More breakfast recipes you might like:
Hungry for more?
- 1 sheet puff pastry, thawed
- 1 cup shredded white cheddar
- 4 to 5 strips of cooked bacon
- 3 large eggs
- 2 green onions, sliced into 1 inch pieces on a bias
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400˚F.
- Place thawed puff pastry onto a parchment lined baking sheet and prick the surface all over with a fork.
- Fold all the edges inward, about ½ inch, and press the open edge with the back of a fork to seal.
- Sprinkle cheese over the surface, creating 3 distinct wells on the surface, for the eggs.
- Place the strips of bacon over the cheese, avoiding the cheese wells, if possible.
- Carefully crack each egg into the wells and top with half of the green onions. Lightly season with salt and pepper.
- Bake tart for 15 to 20 minutes or until puff pastry is golden brown and the egg whites have set (with the yolks still runny).
- Remove tart from the oven, top with remaining green onions, slice and serve.