We are big fans of shrimp over here. Over the years we’ve developed a ton of shrimp recipes for you. We have a wide variety of recipes perfect a number of occasions, like for weeknight dinners, simple appetizers as well as ones that work great for a crowd. Some of these recipes are simple, while others take a little more effort. They are all delicious and all totally worth it! Check them all out below!
Below you’ll find our collection of yummy shrimp appetizer recipes.
- Shrimp Fritters This recipe is so good. A pate a choux mixed with shrimp and green onion, packs them with so much flavor, and the base makes these fritters super light and airy. The spicy-honey drizzle that go with these is not to be missed!
- Shrimp Toast Nuggets This drool-worthy recipe is a total crowd pleaser. It’s also easy to make in bulk in case you are hosting for a crowd!
- Mexican Shrimp Cocktail This delicious recipe is so simple and perfect for hot days!
- Shrimp Taquitos These are served with a chipotle crema! These taquitos are especially crispy and a fun take on traditional taquitos.
- Vietnamese Style Pork and Shrimp Egg Rolls Delicious crispy egg rolls that pack a ton of flavor with an exterior that is so light is shatters in your mouth in the most pleasant way.
Fried Shrimp Recipes
Who doesn’t love fried shrimp?! We have a bevy of delicious fried shrimp recipes that’ll satisfy any craving!
- Beer Battered Shrimp Tacos We love these baja style shrimp tacos. They’re light, crispy and paired with a simple slaw; perfect for summer!
- Coconut Shrimp Summer Salad A loaded delicious summer salad that utilizes all the fresh summer ingredients. Topped with delicious crispy coconut shrimp that turns this salad into a delicious meal.
- Coconut Shrimp Skewers with Mango Salsa The coconut coating on this shrimp makes gives the shrimp so much flavor and great texture, and paired with mango salsa, you’re getting a a really flavorful dish suitable for an appetizer or a main.
- Fried Shrimp and Grits A super cozy comforting dish. A riff on the classic Shrimp and Grits, this recipe uses fresh summer sweet corn which balances out the rich, fried shrimp!
- Light and Crispy Fritto Misto This batter is super light, crispy and we’ve paired with a garlic aioli for a classic take on the dish.
Grilled Shrimp Recipes
Our collection of grilled shrimp recipes are perfect for summer grilling season!
- Grilled Peel and Eat Shrimp A simple recipe packs in so much flavor!
- Grilled Shrimp and Steak Surf and Turf Steak and shrimp grilled and topped with a flavorful tomato and cucumber salad. Yum.
- Smoked Paprika and Garlic Shrimp Skewers The seasoning on these Shrimp Skewers are so good! They are perfect to serve as a main dish served over a bed of rice or mixed greens or even as a simple appetizer.
Shrimp Pasta Recipes
For those of you who love shrimp and pasta, this section is for you!
- Seafood Carbonara We loaded up a simple pasta with a lot of yummy seafood. It tastes amazing with the creamy carbonara sauce.
- Seafood Fideua A super fragrant and flavorful seafood dish that is a really fun dish to try when you’re looking to mix things up.
- Shrimp Linquine with Garlic and Saffron Cream A classic and delicious creamy sauce, this pasta is super indulgent and great for a date night.
- Creamy Shrimp and Corn Ravioli This summer recipe is really easy to make with our wonton pasta trick!
Asian Shrimp Recipes
We love simple Asian inspired recipes, especially when we can throw some plump shrimp on top or incorporate it into something delicious like dumplings!
- Singapore Noodles This recipe is full of explosive flavor and cooks up quickly. We love that you can swap the vegetable out for whatever you have or feel like eating, like shredded cabbage, sliced carrots, and sauteed mushrooms!
- Spicy Red Curry and Coconut Noodle Soup Noodle soups are one of our favorite cozy meals to enjoy on a chilly (or honestly even hot) day! This one is one of our absolute favorites and not to be missed!
- Yum Woon Sen with Shrimp In the mood for something ultra fast and satisfying? This recipe is perfect for a quick and easy weekday lunch that you can even make the night before for the best make ahead meal!
- Shrimp Okonomoyaki We could eat this for breakfast, lunch or dinner. It’s so good, filled with so much delicious shrimp and vegetables and finished with the most mouthwatering sauces and toppings! This also holds really well, so leftovers the next day make a great second meal!
- Shrimp Shumai This classic dim sum dish is way easier to make than you would think. Plus you can make a double batch and freeze these guys for whenever the craving hits you!
- Pork and Shrimp Dumplings Another awesome freeze ahead meal! These dumplings can be steamed, made in a soup or pan-fried for so much delicious variety.
- Soba Noodles with Shrimp We love to eat this dish for lunch or dinner. You can make everything ahead of time and toss together with the sauce right before you serve it.
- Sesame Soba Noodles with Shrimp Another variation of shrimp with soba noodles but with a strong sesame flavor added to it. It’s quick, simple and so tasty!
Shrimp Dinner Recipes
We love it when we can incorporate shrimp into our dinners for a simple protein that everyone loves! Find our favorite shrimp dinner recipes below!
- Hawaiian Style Crispy Garlic and Butter Shrimp This recipe is so rich and delicious. The crispy shrimp is packed with tons of flavor and goes so well with the fresh pineapple and steamed rice for a well balanced dish!
- Shrimp and Grits Originally made for breakfast but hearty enough to enjoy for dinner. We love this creamy, cozy and very satisfying meal!
- Spicy Curry Shrimp Tacos Shrimp tacos are very high on our list of favorites over here and our spicy curry version is too good to resist, especially with crispy, crunchy corn tortilla shells!
- Shrimp and Andouille Jambalaya This extra hearty and super delicious meal really hits the spot when you want something super cozy and warming. This recipes makes a huge batch to feed a crowd or to enjoy as delicious leftovers the next day.
- Hot Shrimp Over Cheesy Corn Grits Another variation of shrimp and grits, this fun take on Nashville hot chicken but in shrimp form (over cheesy grits) is a flavor explosion in your mouth that you won’t be able to resist!
Types of Shrimp
- White Shrimp – White shrimp taste a mild sweet flavor. They are larger, and have a tender texture.
- Brown Shrimp – Brown Shrimp have a more pronounced flavor, and a firmer texture.
- Pink Shrimp – Pink shrimp taste sweet and have a nice tender texture.
- Rock Shrimp – Rock shrimp have a nice briny flavor and soft texture.
- Red Shrimp – Red shrimp have a sweet flavor, and a texture most similar to lobster.
- Tiger Shrimp – Tiger shrimp have a bold shrimp flavor, and a nice firm texture.
Frozen vs. Shrimp
The fresh shrimp you see in the seafood case at the market is usually the same as the pre-packaged shrimp you find in the freezer aisle. Both are flash frozen for freshness, but the thawed shrimp you find in the seafood case is usually a little more expensive for convenience. The exception for this is if the shrimp you’re buying is local and marked otherwise on the sale label.
For this reason, we usually like to buy a large bag of frozen shrimp from the freezer aisle, which usually also provides a larger size variety for whatever your needs are. To thaw, simply place the frozen shrimp in a colander and run under cool to cold water until thawed.
It’s best to judge shrimp size by how many per pound. At the seafood counter or on frozen shrimp packaging you will see numbers like 41/50 which means you will get approximately 41 to 50 shrimps per pound. The smaller the number the larger the shrimp. You might also see numbers like U10. The U stands for “under”. It would mean under 10. Below is a list of shrimp sizes, and approximately how many you will find in a pound.
- Extra Colossal – Under 10
- Super Colossal – Under 12
- Colossal – 13/15
- Extra Jumbo – 16/20
- Extra Large – 26/30
- Large – 31/35
- Medium – 41/50
- Small – 51/60
- Extra Small – 61/70
We love the website Seafood Watch. They chart all seafood, and will let you know what is safe to eat. It will also give you suggestions for good alternatives if what you are looking for isn’t ideal for consumption at that time.
Check out our other round ups:
- 12 Delicious Breakfast Ideas and check out our 12 Delicious Breakfast Ideas Web story!
- Our Best Pumpkin Recipes
Hungry for more?
Subscribe to never miss a recipe.
The Best Shrimp Recipes: Grilled Shrimp Scampi Flatbreads
- 2 ½ tablespoons vegetable oil divided
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes plus more to garnish
- 1 ½ pounds large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 lemon, juiced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella
- 2 pieces naan bread, or other flatbread of choice
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Preheat grill to 400˚F.
- Place a large skillet over hot grill and add 2 tablespoons of oil and butter. Add garlic and sauté for 1 minute. Add crushed red pepper flakes and continue to sauté for an additional 1 to 2 minutes. Add shrimp, season with salt and pepper and sear on each side for about 2 minutes.
- Deglaze the pan with lemon juice, until most of the liquid has evaporated and remove the pan from the heat. Shrimp should be about ⅔ of the way done. Set aside.
- Brush flatbreads with remaining ½ tablespoon oil and grill on each side for 3 to 4 minutes over indirect heat.
- Remove flatbreads from grill and sprinkle ¾ cups of cheese onto the surface of each and top with the shrimp, garlic and pepper flake mixture. Sprinkle remaining cheese onto the flatbreads and place back onto grill, over indirect heat.
- Cover grill and grill each flatbread for 2 to 3 minutes to melt cheese. Uncover and continue to grill until flatbreads have crisped up and shrimp has cooked through.
- Remove flatbread from the oven and top with an extra pinch of pepper flakes and chopped parsley. Slice and serve.