Both Memorial Day and Summer are right around the corner, meaning it’s also grilling season! This year we’re going with Grilled Shrimp and Steak Surf n’ Turf with an Avocado, Cucumber and Cherry Tomato Salsa for our Memorial Day, which is such a crowd pleaser! We were able to pick up everything we need from our local ALDI grocery store, which is basically a one stop shop for all our needs, which is super convenient and makes our life a lot easier. Not only were we able to pick up everything we need for our surf n turf with salsa dish, like the shrimp, steak, seasoning and all our produce, but we also got everything else we need to make a complete Memorial Day BBQ spread, including delicious brioche buns, BBQ baked beans, BBQ sauce, juicy watermelon, and sparkling lemonade. Click here to get the ingredients for this entire recipe delivered to your door via Instacart! Use the code ALDISFB to get $10 off your first three orders over $35. ALDI also has a variety of essential entertainment and tabletop wares for your hosting convenience, which includes yard games like bean bag toss and giant tumbling towers, as well as disposable picnicware and decorative glass candle jars, so when I said a total one stop shop earlier, I wasn’t kidding!
The recipe itself couldn’t be easier to make, just give the shrimp and steak a quick rub and toss in the garlic and herb seasoning (which instantly adds a ton of flavor to the proteins), throw them on the grill for a few minutes each and you’re done! The chunky salsa also requires minimal effort, just a quick chop, dice and crumble, then toss everything together and you’re all set! Super easy and everyone will love it! Enjoy!
Click here to get all these ingredients from Instacart!
Ingredients: 3 tablespoons Specially Selected Premium Italian Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided Directions:
Grilled Shrimp and Steak Surf n’ Turf
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15-20 minutes
Serves 6 to 8
avocado, tomato and cucumber salsa:
1 large avocado, peeled, seeded and diced
2 mini cucumbers, diced
10 cherry tomatoes on the vine, halved
1/4 Happy Farms Tomato & Basil Feta Block, crumbled
salt and pepper to taste
2 USDA Choice Black Angus Ribeye Steaks
1 pack (about 16) shrimp, thawed and peeled with tails intact
3 tablespoons Stonemill Garlic and Herb Seasonings, divided
salt and pepper to taste
1. Place all salsa ingredients into a bowl and gently fold together until fully combined. Season with salt and pepper and fold a few more times. Set aside.
2. Brush each steak with 1/2 tablespoon oil and rub with 1 tablespoon garlic and herb seasoning, on both sides. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
3. In a mixing bowl, toss together shrimp with 1 tablespoon oil and remaining tablespoon seasoning. Season with salt and pepper and toss shrimp once more.
4. Heat grill or grill pan over high heat and brush with 1/2 tablespoon oil.
5. Place steaks on grill and sear steaks for about 4 minutes. Flip each steak and grill for an additional 3 to 4 minutes for medium rare or 5 to 6 minutes of medium doneness. Remove steak from heat and set aside onto a cutting board. Allow steaks to rest for 5 to 7 minutes.
6. Brush remaining 1/2 tablespoon oil onto grill and add shrimp. Grill shrimp for 3 to 4 minutes. Flip shrimp and continue to grill for an additional 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from heat and transfer to a serving platter.
7. Slice steak into 1/2 inch strips, transfer to serving platter with grilled shrimp and serve with avocado, tomato and cucumber salsa on top or on the side.
3 tablespoons Specially Selected Premium Italian Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided