We have a simple Broccoli Crunch Salad recipe for you today. I don’t really have much to say about this salad other than it’s the perfect thing to bring on a picnic, or to a BBQ. Growing up in Idaho my high school was right next to this market called the CO-OP, and I would go there a lot for their pre made salads at lunch. They also had a Broccoli salad there and I loved it so much. The crunch factor was intense, and also awesome because it wasn’t lettuce. I’m not really a fan of steamed or cooked broccoli, so in this form is really the only way I want to have it. Yum. Broccoli Crunch Salad for everyone! Teri
Hungry for more?
Broccoli Crunch Salad
- ⅔ cup mayonnaise
- 1 ½ tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced (optional)
- ½ teaspoon superfine sugar (granulated is fine)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 2 heads broccoli, cut into bite sized florets you can also trim, peel and cube the stems or reserve for another use at another time
- 5 rashers cooked bacon, chopped
- ½ cup chopped and dry roasted cashews
- ⅓ cup Zante currants
- ¼ cup diced red onions, optional
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- Place all dressing ingredients into a small mixing bowl and whisk together.
- Place broccoli florets into a large mixing bowl and top with dressing. Fold together until fully combined.
- Add remaining ingredients and fold together. Adjust seasonings. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 4 hours and up to 1 day.
- Give salad a good toss before serving.