Since the weather is really starting to heat up, it’s the perfect time to repost this Loaded Cold Beef Salad! It’s such a great and diverse meal for both weekend get togethers or to make ahead of time to enjoy for quick and easy weeknight meals. I love using as much seasonal fruit as possible and the possibilities are endless. You can add some blanched or grilled green beans, swap the strawberries out for sweet, pitted cherries, omit the mint for some fresh basil, use whatever cheese you have on hand, etc! Enjoy! xx, Jenny
This was originally posted on July 20th, 2018.
Loaded Cold Beef Salad
bleu cheese dressing
- ½ cup plain yogurt
- ¼ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup crumbled bleu cheese
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced chives
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or coconut oil or avocado oil
- 2 (12 ounce) grass-fed, boneless NY steaks (about 1 1/2 inches thick)
- 4 small heirloom (or vine-ripe tomatoes), quartered
- 2 peaches, pitted and thinly sliced
- 8 strawberries, hulled and halved
- 2 corn on cob, charred and removed from cobb
- ½ seedless cucumber, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 6 to 8 fresh mint leaves
- ⅔ cup crumbled bleu cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Remove steaks from the refrigerator and allow them to sit at room temperature for 30 minutes. Generously season each steak with salt and pepper.
- Preheat oven to 400˚F.
- Place all dressing ingredients into a small bowl and whisk together until smooth. Add 2 tablespoons water to adjust consistency. Season with salt and pepper. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Place a large cast iron skillet over high heat.
- Add oil and swirl around skillet. Add steaks to skillet and sear on each side for 2 minutes. Transfer skillet to oven and cook for about 7-8 minutes for medium rare and 9-10 minutes for medium. Remove steaks from oven and transfer to a cutting board.
- Allow steaks to cool, about 30 minutes. Tightly wrap each steak in foil and refrigerate for at least 1 hour and up to 12 hours.
- To serve: Remove foil from steaks and slice into 1/2 inch pieces. Spread steak pieces onto a platter, lightly season with salt and pepper and line with remaining ingredients.
- Serve with bleu cheese dressing on the side and allow guests to grab however much or little they want from the platter.