Shrimp toast has become one of my favorite things. I first discovered shrimp toast at an amazing restaurant here in LA called Son of A Gun. I’ve been hooked ever since. So we made shrimp toast for you in little nuggets that you can pretty much eat in one bite. It makes it much easier to eat like 10 at a time. That is what I did when we made these so you will get no judgment from me. These Shrimp Toast Nuggets are going to be one of my favorite go to appetizer recipes from now on!
Here are some other shrimp recipes that you might like:
Hungry for more?
Shrimp Toast Nuggets
- ½ inch piece ginger, peeled
- 2 garlic cloves
- ½ pound tiger shrimp, peeled and deveined
- ¼ bunch cilantro
- ¼ cup water chestnuts
- 1 egg white
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 ½ tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- ½ loaf sourdough bread, crusts removed and cut into 1 inch squares
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- Place ginger and garlic in a food processor and pulse 6 times.
- Scrape down sides of bowl and add remaining shrimp paste ingredients. Pulse an additional 8 to 10 times (or until you have a paste consistency that still has some texture).
- Spread 1 tablespoon of mixture onto each square of bread and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Repeat until all bread squares have been smeared with shrimp paste.
- Pour oil into a heavy bottom skillet and place over medium-high heat.
- Carefully place triangles of bread (in batches), shrimp-side down and fry for 4 to 5 minutes or until golden brown.
- Flip nuggets over and fry for an additional 2 minutes. Drain on paper towels and lightly season with salt and pepper. Serve hot.