Sometimes it’s nice to wake up and eat some fresh fruit and a light yogurt….but sometimes its even nicer to wake up and eat an Extra Cheesy Bacon and Egg Grilled Cheese! lol. This grilled cheese is an extra hearty gut buster, but sometimes it’s really necessary to indulge just a little bit. I love the fluffy baked egg omelet in this sandwich. It pairs really well with the salty, crispy bacon, the stringy melted cheese, and the buttery toasted sourdough. It’s a perfect weekend breakfast for when you want to treat yourself. :) Enjoy! xx, Jenny
Hungry for more?
Subscribe to never miss a recipe.
Extra Cheesy Breakfast Grilled Cheese
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 5 large eggs, lightly beaten
- ½ cup milk
- 6 slices crispy cooked bacon
- 4 slices asiago cheese
- 4 slices sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 slices sourdough bread
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat 350˚F.
- Lightly grease a 5”x 9” loaf pan with 1 tablespoon butter.
- In a mixing bowl whisk together eggs and milk. Season mixture with salt and pepper.
- Pour egg mixture into prepared loaf pan and bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until eggs are fluffy and have cooked through.
- Remove from heat and cool for 10 minutes. Invert loaf pan onto a cutting board and slice eggs in half.
- To assemble: Place 2 slices bread onto a clean cutting board and top each slice of bread with 2 slices cheese (doesn’t matter which kind). Place baked egg omelets over cheese slices and top each sandwich with 3 slices cooked bacon. Top bacon with 2 slices cheese and finish each sandwich with remaining slices bread.
- Place a large skillet over medium heat and melt 2 tablespoons butter. Once butter has melted, carefully place one of the sandwiches onto the skillet and toast on each side for bout 4 minutes or until bread has browned and cheese has fully melted.
- Remove sandwich from heat and transfer to a cutting board.
- Repeat step 7 with remaining butter and sandwich and transfer to cutting board.
- Slice each sandwich in half and serve.