I love this Coconut Banana Pancake recipe. I don’t make pancakes nearly as much as I should, especially on the weekends when I have a little more time on my hands. When I do make them, these are usually at the top of the list. I love the flavor combo of coconut and banana, especially in fluffy pancakes, like these Coconut and Banana Pancakes today. For pancakes, I think the less fussy the better, ya know? Plus I love that everything comes together so nicely simply by whisking together with a fork.
These Coconut Banana Pancakes are just a little twist on the regular old pancakes we love. We used AP flour and coconut flour to make these. These are the kind of special pancakes worth the effort. Make these at home this weekend!
Hungry for more?
Subscribe to never miss a recipe.
Coconut Banana Pancakes
- ¾ cup all purpose flour
- ½ cup coconut flour
- 1 ½ tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 ½ cups milk
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled plus more for the skillet
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large banana, peeled and diced
- ⅔ cup shredded coconut
- shredded coconut
- sliced bananas
- 100% Maple syrup
- Pour flours, sugar, baking powder, and salt into a mixing bowl and whisk together.
- Add egg, milk, butter, and vanilla and stir together with a fork until well combined and some lumps remain.
- Fold in banana and coconut and stir until well mixed.
- Place a skillet over medium heat and melt 1 tablespoon butter.
- Scoop ¼ cup of batter onto the hot, buttered surface and cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until the surface begins to bubble a little.
- Carefully flip the pancake and continue to cook for an additional 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove from skillet and repeat until all of the batter has been used.
- Finish pancakes with sliced bananas, extra shredded coconut and a drizzle of syrup.
- *Makes 12 Pancakes