Good morning! It’s the weekend! Yaya! What are you making? I’m going to the store later and will definitely be getting ingredients to make this. What more can you even want from a breakfast / brunch situation? To be honest this is like ideal breakfast because it’s a pretty simple dish, but with all the ingredients together it’s really really good, and pretty filling. It’s also beautiful. :) Even though some people would frown at this suggestion, I will sometimes make this with scrambled eggs because then I can really load up on the egg portion of this meal. Enjoy your weekend everyone!
Hungry for more?
Subscribe to never miss a recipe.
Huevos Rancheros with Black Beans and Chipotle Salsa
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ½ small onion, finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (15 ounce) can finely diced tomatoes, drained
- 3 chipotle chiles in adobo, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced cilantro
- 1 lime, juiced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 corn tortillas, lightly charred and warmed
- 1 ½ cups canned black beans, drained and warmed
- 3 fried eggs
- crumbled queso fresco
- very thinly sliced iceberg lettuce
- hot sauce
- lime wedges
- For salsa: Pour oil into a skillet and place over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes. Add tomatoes and minced chipotles and continue to sauté for an additional 2 to 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and remove from heat. Stir in the cilantro and lime juice and set aside to cool.
- To assemble: Place corn tortillas onto a platter top with a little bit of salsa. Top salsa with black beans and some more salsa. Top each tortilla with a fried egg, followed by more salsa. Season with salt and pepper. Finish each huevos rancheros with crumbled queso fresco, thinly sliced iceberg, cilantro, hot sauce, and lime wedges. Serve immediately.