Breakfast is a favorite meal for us, and French Toast is one of our most favorite breakfast foods to indulge in. We love entertaining for brunch, so we wanted to create a French Toast dish that is perfect for entertaining. For this Stacked and Stuffed French Toast recipe, we took thick slices of brioche and made sandwiches by spreading a thick layer of a raspberry mascarpone filling between each slice. Then we let the brioche sandwiches soak up the sweet vanilla batter.
We let this sit at room temperature to give the brioche a chance to soak up all the batter. We turned on our Frigidaire Professional Double Wall Oven with No Preheat (which is seriously the best invention ever) and then popped them right in, no wait time! The awesome thing about this recipe is that you could make these the night before and stick them in the refrigerator until you’re ready to bake them, which makes this recipe ideal for entertaining. The only accompaniment you really need with this recipe is maple syrup and powdered sugar! The process is really easy, and when we entertain we love using recipes that are easy to assemble, and also recipes that we can make ahead. That is why this recipe is really the perfect brunch recipe. We also love the raspberry and mascarpone spread that is layered throughout; it really turns the typical French Toast into something so special. Speaking of special, this is the recipe we are both making for Mother’s Day. ☺
More french toast recipes:
We are huge fans of breakfast! Check out our 12 Delicious Breakfast Ideas Post!
Hungry for more?
Subscribe to never miss a recipe.
Stacked and Stuffed Baked French Toast
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup raspberry jam
- 8 ounces mascarpone, softened
- 10 to 12 slices brioche bread, sides trimmed if necessary
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 ½ tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- powdered sugar, sifted
- 100% pure Maple Syrup
- Preheat oven to 375˚F.
- Lightly grease a loaf pan with butter. Set aside.
- Place all filling ingredients into a mixing bowl and whisk together until smooth.
- Spread some of the raspberry mascarpone on half of the bread slices and sandwich together with the other half of bread slices.
- In a shallow baking dish, whisk together cream, eggs, sugar, and vanilla.
- Quickly dip each ‘sandwich’ into the creamy batter and transfer into the prepared loaf pan, stacking the sandwiches side by side until the pan is completely full (it’s okay to cram the slices together a little bit if necessary).
- Pour the remaining batter over the loaf pan and allow pan to sit at room temperature for about 15 minutes.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until golden brown on top with a soft center.
- Allow French toast to cool, about 15 minutes before dusting with powdered sugar and serving with maple syrup.
- *Makes 1 (9”x 5”) loaf pan
- *Tip: This dish can be made in advance to save time. Just assemble everything into the loaf pan and cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate the pan overnight and pop it in the Frigidaire Professional Double Wall Oven using PowerPlus Convection for an even bake.