It’s Monday! And sometimes to get through the week you need to have something to look forward to. Maybe it could be these amazing Carne Asada Fries. They are pretty easy to make – and very much so worth it. The good thing is you can also use any leftover ingredients and just have delicious tacos the next day. Do NOT skip out on the carne asada recipe we have, it takes this dish to the next level. Seriously! Also – you can make these with tater tots or waffle fries if that is your thing. :) I personally might go for waffle fries because they have a bigger landscape for asada and toppings than other types. Enjoy!
Hungry for more?
Carne Asada Fries
- 1 recipe carne asada
white queso sauce
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 ⅓ cups shredded white cheddar
- Frozen French fries any brand
- Sour cream
- Queso fresco, crumbled
- Pico de gallo
- Jalapeno rings optional
Recipe instruction visual controls:
- Makes carne asada from recipe above. Once cooked, chop into bite sized pieces and set aside.
- Remove from heat and allow carne to rest, 5 to 7 minutes. Chop into bit sized pieces.
- For white queso sauce: Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add flour and whisk together for 2 to 3 minutes. Add milk and stir together until no lumps remain and the mixture has thickened enough to coat the back of a wooden spoon. Reduce the heat to low and add the cheese a little at a time whisking after each addition. Continue to cook and whisk the sauce together until all of the cheese has been incorporated and evenly melted. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat.
- Preheat oven to 425˚F.
- Spread fries onto a baking sheet in a single layer and bake until golden brown and crisp. Season with salt.
- Transfer fries to a serving platter and top with white queso sauce, chopped carne, large dollops of guacamole and sour cream, crumbled queso fresco, and finish with a generous sprinkle of pico de gallo. Serve.