I am really not much of salad person, but if I have to eat salads then I prefer it to be a Caesar Salad. I love Caesars salads! It really is as easy as making a smoothie, because it’s just tossing all the ingredients into a blender or a food processor and blending it all up. Which is funny because it’s so annoying when restaurants don’t offer the option of switching your garden salad with a Caesar (I really hate that!). Anyway, we realized we didn’t have a recipe for a classic Caesar salad on the blog, so we decided to give you our version! This will keep in the refrigerator for about two weeks. Enjoy!
We love this versatile caesar salad recipe, but here are some more salad recipes you might like:
Hungry for more?
Classic Caesar Salad
- 1 heaping cup sourdough bread cubes (cut into 1/2 inch cubes)
- 1 ½ tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced thyme, (optional)
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 3 ounces Parmesan cheese, cut into small cubes
- 4 to 6 garlic cloves
- 3 anchovy fillets
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 large egg,
- 1 lemon, juiced
- ⅔ cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 large romaine hearts, chopped into bite sized pieces
- For croutons: Place all ingredients into a mixing bowl and toss together until bread cubes are well coated. Place a large skillet over medium heat and add seasoned bread cubes. Toast cubes for 6 to 8 minutes or until golden brown all over and crisp, stirring occasionally for even cooking. Remove skillet from heat and set aside until ready to use.
- For dressing: Place Parmesan cubes into the well of a blender or food processor and pulse until cheese is finely grated. Remove all but 1 tablespoon of grated cheese from the well and set aside. Add garlic to the well and continue to pulse until garlic is finely grated. Scrape down sides of the well and add the remaining ingredients, except for the oil. With the motor running, pour the oil into the mixture in a slow and steady stream. Puree until dressing is smooth. Season dressing cracked black pepper and a little bit of salt, if needed.
- To assemble: Pour ½ cup of dressing into a large mixing bowl and top with chopped romaine. Toss together with tongs, until lettuce is well coated. Add croutons and a ½ the remaining Parmesan until salad is well mixed. Top salad with remaining Parmesan and cracked black pepper. Serve.
- Makes 1 1/2 cups (dressing)
- Serves 3 to 4