The holiday season is always a good excuse to indulge in something special and our Seared Ribeye Over Browned Butter Mashed Potatoes makes the perfect indulgent dinner. Just because it’s the holidays doesn’t mean you have to break the bank, so we were really excited to get our high quality, boneless prime ribeye steak from Sam’s Club for a great price! The well marbled and flavorful steak goes so well with the super creamy browned buttered mashed potatoes. This meal is simple enough to make and enjoy during the week, but also good enough for a weekend dinner with some company. Head on over to your local Sam’s Club to check out their awesome selection of boneless prime beef and more! Enjoy!
Ingredients: 1 Sam’s Club Boneless Prime Ribeye Steak (about 1 pound) 1. Place chopped potatoes into a pot and fill with water. Place over high heat and boil until potato is fork tender. Drain into a colander, then place potatoes back into pot.
Seared Ribeye over Browned Butter Mashed Potatoes
Serves 1 to 2
browned butter mashed potatoes:
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
2 large russet potatoes (about 1 pound), peeled and chopped
1/2 cup heavy cream
salt and pepper to taste
3 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
1 garlic clove, lightly smashed
2 to 3 sprigs of thyme
salt and pepper to taste
2. Place butter in a small saucepan and melt over medium heat. Continue to cook until butter bits at the bottom of the pan have browned and omit a nutty aroma. Remove from heat and pour over potatoes, scraping out as much of the browned bits as possible.
3. Season potatoes with a generous amount of salt and pepper and mash with a potato masher. While potatoes are still lumpy add cream and continue to mash until smooth.
4. Adjust seasonings as needed. Cover and set aside.
5. Place a large skillet over high heat. Generously season steak with salt and pepper.
6. Melt butter and oil into skillet. Add garlic clove and thyme and cook for about 1 minute.
7. Add steak to skillet and sear on each side for about 3 minutes.
8. Lower heat to medium-high and slightly tilt skillet so butter and oil pile into bottom. For the next 2 to 3 minutes, spoon hot, melted butter and oil mixture over steak, fully basting entire steak. Remove from oven and transfer to a cutting board.
9. To serve: Pile mashed potatoes onto a platter and top with steak. Spoon some of the basting mixture over steak and serve.
1 Sam’s Club Boneless Prime Ribeye Steak (about 1 pound)
1. Place chopped potatoes into a pot and fill with water. Place over high heat and boil until potato is fork tender. Drain into a colander, then place potatoes back into pot.