I love summer salads. Salads that are perfect to go along with anything you might be throwing on the grill. This Summer Corn, Halloumi and Browned Butter Salad is one of those perfect salads. I love corn salads! But we took this to the next level and added some browned butter and halloumi. This is a good one! Perfect to bring to parties too because it literally goes with everything. :)
Summer Corn, Halloumi and Browned Butter Salad
- 4 ounces halloumi
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 heaping cups sweet corn 3 to 4 cobs of corn
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced chives
- 1 tablespoon minced cilantro
- salt and pepper to taste
- zest of 1 lime optional
- Place a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once skillet is hot, add halloumi and sear on each side for 2 to 3 minutes, or until browned. Remove from heat and cube into bite sized pieces.
- Lower heat to medium heat and add butter. Allow butter to melt and toast until lightly browned. Add corn and toss together. Saute for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in chives and cilantro.
- Fold in cubed halloumi and season with salt and pepper. Finish with fresh lime zest, if using. Serve warm or room temperature.