We’re starting the week off with a hearty salad. I really love loaded salads like this one, especially since you can customize them to your preference. Today we have our Strawberry Cobb Salad and I love it so much. This might not be the healthiest salad, but I really love the addition of the sliced strawberries. They add a nice balance to some of the richer ingredients like the prosciutto, goat cheese and avocado. This is a great weekday salad to take to work with you, but it also doubles as a potluck and brunch salad for a crowd really well. I cheated a little bit with the dressing by throwing my favorite store bought ranch dressing into a blender with some herbs….simple and delicious, but totally feel free to make your own! Enjoy! xx, Jenny
Hungry for more?
Subscribe to never miss a recipe.
Strawberry Cobb Salad
Quick and easy green goddess dressing
- 1 cup store-bought ranch dressing
- ½ bunch flat-leaf parsley
- 3 tablespoons thinly sliced chives
- 8 large basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 (6 ounce) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 romaine hearts, shredded
- 12 strawberries, hulled and thinly sliced
- 1 avocado, pitted, peeled and thinly sliced
- ⅛ red onion thinly sliced
- 4 ounces crumbled goat cheese
- 2 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto
- 1 hard boiled egg, quartered
- salt and pepper to taste
- For dressing: Place all ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350˚F.
- Pour oil into a skillet and place over medium-high heat. Season each chicken breast with salt and pepper and place onto the hot skillet.
- Sear each breast on each side for 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer skillet to the oven and continue to cook the breasts, about 8 minutes. Remove from heat and transfer breasts to a cutting board. Allow breasts to rest for 7 to 10 minutes before slicing.
- To assemble: Pour half of the dressing into a large mixing bowl and toss together with the shredded romaine. Transfer coated romaine to a serving bowl and top with sliced chicken breasts, sliced strawberries, avocados, red onion, crumbled goat cheese, prosciutto, and quartered egg. Season entire salad with salt and pepper.
- Serve entire salad, family style, alongside with remaining dressing.