We’re starting the week off with a hearty salad. I really love loaded salads like this one, especially since you can customize them to your preference. Today we have our Strawberry Cobb Salad and I love it so much. This might not be the healthiest salad, but I really love the addition of the sliced strawberries. They add a nice balance to some of the richer ingredients like the prosciutto, goat cheese and avocado. This is a great weekday salad to take to work with you, but it also doubles as a potluck and brunch salad for a crowd really well. I cheated a little bit with the dressing by throwing my favorite store bought ranch dressing into a blender with some herbs….simple and delicious, but totally feel free to make your own! Enjoy! xx, Jenny
Ingredients: 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil Directions:
Strawberry Cobb Salad
Serves 3 to 4
Quick and easy green goddess dressing:
1 cup store-bought ranch dressing
1/2 bunch flat-leaf parsley
3 tablespoons thinly sliced chives
8 large basil leaves
2 (6 ounce) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 romaine hearts, shredded
12 strawberries, hulled and thinly sliced
1 avocado, pitted, peeled and thinly sliced
1/8 red onion thinly sliced
4 ounces crumbled goat cheese
2 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto
1 hard boiled egg, quartered
salt and pepper to taste
1. For dressing: Place all ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth. Set aside.
2. Preheat oven to 350˚F.
3. Pour oil into a skillet and place over medium-high heat. Season each chicken breast with salt and pepper and place onto the hot skillet.
4. Sear each breast on each side for 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer skillet to the oven and continue to cook the breasts, about 8 minutes. Remove from heat and transfer breasts to a cutting board. Allow breasts to rest for 7 to 10 minutes before slicing.
5. To assemble: Pour half of the dressing into a large mixing bowl and toss together with the shredded romaine. Transfer coated romaine to a serving bowl and top with sliced chicken breasts, sliced strawberries, avocados, red onion, crumbled goat cheese, prosciutto, and quartered egg. Season entire salad with salt and pepper.
6. Serve entire salad, family style, alongside with remaining dressing.
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil