Day three. Day three of this juice cleanse is just starting. I can’t wait till its over, I can’t wait till I can eat like a normal person again. Weird things happen when you go on a juice cleanse. After the first day, you can smell REALLY well. There is a McDonalds not far from the studio, and if the wind is blowing in the right way, I can smell McDonalds cheeseburgers. They smell SO delicious. Your mouth also begins to water uncontrollably when you smell pretty much any food. Like yesterday, my mouth watered when I smelled cocktail olives. I don’t even like cocktail olives. I think the thing I miss most is chewing. I also think that we are all so dang lucky to be eating well all the time, and have the ability to eat pretty much anything we want at any time. Thats pretty cool. Tuesday is the first day I can eat anything I want, so I think we will be going and getting a crazy cheeseburger. In the meantime, I hope you all have a great weekend, and drink some Spicy Micheladas!
- 2 teaspoons honey, spread into a thin layer on a plate
- ¼ cup kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper optional
- 2 limes, juiced plus extra lime wedges to garnish
- 2 cups light Mexican beer
- 2 ½ teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce preferably a more vinegar based hot sauce such as Tabasco
- 1 teaspoon low sodium soy sauce
- ½ jalapeno, seeded and diced optional
- freshly cracked black pepper
- Dip the rims of two glasses into the honey. (you want only a very thin layer).
- Place salt, paprika and cayenne (if using) onto a plate and stir together with a fork until combined. Finish rimming glasses with salt mixture, fill with ice and set aside.
- Fill a large shaker partially with ice followed by the remaining ingredients, except for the jalapeno. Close and shake until well mixed. Divide mixture among the two prepared glasses and finish with lime wedges, black pepper and jalpaenos (if using). Serve.