**This post was originally published in Sept 2012**
This year seriously FLEW by, didn’t it? I feel like I think this every year, but this year by far felt the fastest. It might be because I got married, my first and only nephew turned one, a handful of friends got engaged, another handful had babies, our family dog of 17+ years passed away and the list of life events goes on and on. Lots and lots of personal things have happened this year (and lets not even get into all the crazy/unbelievable/life changing/heartfelt/
My favorite cocktail is a gin and tonic. Lately, instead of coming home to a beer, it’s been a gin and tonic. Not in a lush kind of way, more in a Mad Men kind of way. It’s nice to have before dinner, and most of all, its perfect for the disgusting heat waves Los Angeles has been having. The good thing about gin and tonics and that the base of the drink is already there: gin, and tonic. You can add pretty much anything you want to this drink and it will be yummy. I add raspberries a lot, sometimes blueberries or basil, and sometimes-just mint. Whatever I have extra of really. This however has been by far my favorite flavor collaboration. I hope you all enjoy it as much as I did!
Hungry for more?
Blackberry and Meyer Lemon Gin and Tonics
- 12 blackberries
- 20 fresh mint leaves
- 2 Meyer lemons can sub. regular lemons
- ½ cup simple syrup
- 8 ounces high quality gin
- tonic water
- Set out four high ball glasses.
- Place 3 blackberries and 5 mint leaves into each glass and muddle together.
- Pour lemon juice, simple syrup and gin into a cocktail shaker and fill with ice. Shake for 1 minute.
- Fill each glass with ice, and divide mixture from shaker into each glass. Top off each drink with tonic water, stir and serve.