It’s been really humid lately, which is very uncharacteristic for LA, and I really hate it. Everything just feels so wet/moist and it’s the worst. I’ve been trying to keep cool in my apartment though and one of the ways I’m doing it is with these palomas. I love how refreshing this cocktail is and it only requires a few ingredients! It’s totally worth it to squeeze your own grapefruit juice from a couple of ripe grapefruits; it really makes a huge difference and doesn’t take much time to do.
These palomas are my light and refreshing cocktail of choice for this summer season. Do you guys have a go to drink for these hot summer days? I’d love to hear about it! Enjoy! xx, Jenny
More drink recipes you like:
Hungry for more?
- sea salt flakes
- 2 pink grapefruits, juiced (about 12 ounces)
- 6 ounces tequila of choice
- 4 ounces fresh lime juice
- seltzer water
- fresh mint leaves
- lime wedges
- Salt rim: Spread a thin layer of honey onto a plate. Place a thin layer of sea salt onto another plate (mix with grapefruit zest, if desired). Turn each glass upside down and place into the honey followed by the salt until all the rims have been salted. Fill each glass with ice and set aside.
- Pour half the grapefruit juice, lime juice and tequila into a cocktail shaker and fill with ice. Shake for one minute.
- Pour the mixture into two of the glasses and repeat with the remaining liquid and glasses.
- Top each cocktail off with about 3 ounces of seltzer water. Garnish the cocktail with mint leaves and a lime wedge. Serve.