I first tried a Kiwi Caipiroska (which was also my first caipiroska overall) years, when I spent the summer in Salvador, Brazil. I had never heard of it before, but had heard and drank my fair share of caipirinhas, and since it sounded similar I went for it. It was definitely the right choice because it was one of the most delicious and refreshing cocktails I had ever had!
As it turns out, a caipiroska is almost exactly like a caipirinha except instead of being made with cachaca, it’s made with vodka! This ultra refreshing cocktail is a breeze to make, uses only a handful of simple ingredients, and our kiwi version adds such a delicious touch to the drink!
How to Make Our Kiwi Caipiroska
- Line 3 glasses up and fill each with some diced kiwifruit, sugar, and lime wedges. Muddle together the contents of each glass until fully combined and sugar has dissolved.
- Fill each glass with ice.
- Top off with 1.5 ounces vodka and 4 ounces tonic water/sparkling water. Gently stir each cocktail. Garnish with sprigs of mint and serve!
Why This is the Best Caipiroska Recipe You’ll Ever Taste
I know calling things the “best” is always risky, but I really think we’ve nailed our recipe and made just a couple of tiny modifications that make our drink amazing!
- We use brown sugar – which adds a nice depth of flavor!
- We top our cocktail off with a touch of sparkling water – this gives the drink an extra refreshing vibe that we love so much!
- The kiwi and mint sprigs additions – along with the muddled lime, they go together incredibly well and really create a fresh flavor!
Variations for Our Kiwi Caipiroska
While we absolutely love our caipiroska just the way it is, we still like to change things up once in awhile. Some of our favorite variations are:
- Switching the fruit up – Some of our other favorite fruits to use in this cocktail are pineapple, strawberries, and blackberries.
- Swap the brown sugar out -Use agave or honey instead of a slightly different type of sweetness.
- Replace the sparkling water – Instead use fresh coconut water or better yet, keep the sparkling water and add a splash of coconut water for an even more tropical feel!
More Delicious Cocktail Recipes You Will Love
Hungry for more?
Subscribe to never miss a recipe.
- 1 cup peeled and diced kiwifruit (abou 3 kiwifruit)
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 12 lime wedges (from 2 limes)
- 6 ounces vodka of choice
- 12 ounces tonic water or sparkling water
- lots of crushed ice
- mint sprigs
- Line 3 glasses up and fill each with ⅓ cup of diced kiwifruit, 1 teaspoon sugar, and 4 lime wedges.
- Muddle together the contents of each glass until fully combined and sugar has dissolved.
- Fill each glass with ice and top off with 1.5 ounces vodka and 4 ounces tonic water/sparkling water.
- Gently stir each cocktail. Garnish with sprigs of mint and serve!