One of our favorite concoctions that we came up with is a really simple Red Grapefruit and Rum Spritzer that pairs perfectly with some of our favorite Thanksgiving recipes.
We designed the Red Grapefruit and Rum Spritzer to be made in a snap because we know everyone has been cooking all day and crunched for time (between snacking on what’s coming off the stove). ☺
The Rum Spritzer is perfect as an aperitif because the grapefruit is really light and crisp, and when married with Brugal Extra Dry it becomes a wonderfully refreshing drink. It’s a great palate opener to get guests primed for the meal, though we really love how it also pairs with savory dishes like our Apple Thyme Wild Rice Stuffing, our Twice Baked Sweet Potatoes, or even our fav Herbed Turkey Meatballs and Cranberry Barbecue Sauce.
If you’re also looking for an after dinner drink that you can enjoy with ease, we suggest getting your hands on a bottle of Brugal 1888 and sipping it on the rocks. It pairs perfectly with a slice of our Pumpkin Pie with a Chocolate Crust!
Hungry for more?
Red Grapefruit and Rum Spritzers
- 2 red grapefruits, freshly squeezed
- 3 ounces Brugal Extra Dry Rum
- splash of seltzer water
- Place grapefruit juice and rum in a cocktail shaker, filled with ice.
- Shake for 1 minute.
- Pour mixture into two glasses, filled with ice.
- Top each cocktail off with a splash of seltzer water (or tonic water) and garnish with a lemon wedge. Serve.