Whenever I am in a nachos mood I go to the internet and search for nacho inspiration. So that is what we have for you today. Major nacho inspiration. I love using a sheet pan because you can spread the chips out evenly, and make sure that all the chips get their fair share of toppings. It’s always a bummer to come across a chip in your nachos with nothing on it.
These Chipotle Chicken Nachos are really yummy, and they have so many toppings that it’s totally filling, and perfect for a movie watching night. Jenny also made this amazing queso sauce. It’s so freaking good. It’s creamy and cheesy and all the things you would ever want in a cheese sauce. Don’t worry though, we also have cheddar cheese on these because you can never have enough cheese. See the recipe below for all the details. ♥ Teri
Hungry for more?
Sheet Pan Chipotle Chicken Nachos
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 shallot, minced
- ½ cup diced chipotles in adobe sauce
- 3 ½ tablespoons honey
- 3 heaping cups cooked, shredded chicken
- 3 ½ tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 ½ cups milk
- 1 pound shredded white cheddar cheese, divided
- salt and pepper to taste
- 8 to 10 heaping cups thick tortilla chips
- 1 pound shredded white cheddar cheese
- kernels from 2 ears blistered corn
- thinly sliced jalapenos
- cilantro leaves
- Preheat oven to 350˚F.
- Chipotle chicken: Place a large skillet over medium heat and add oil.
- Add shallot and saute for 2 to 3 minutes. Add chipotle in adobe and honey and stir together. Simmer for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Remove from heat and fold in chicken until evenly coated. Lightly season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Queso sauce: Place saucepan over medium heat and melt butter. Once butter has melted, whisk in flour. Continue to whisk until no lumps remain, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add milk to saucepan and whisk until no lumps remain. Continue to whisk together until mixture thickens enough to coat the back of a spoon.
- Remove mixture from heat, season with salt and pepper and stir in (1 pound) shredded cheddar a small handful at time, until all cheese has been added and sauce is smooth. Set aside.
- Assemble: Spread tortilla chips onto a sheet pan in a single layer. And evenly sprinkle with half of shredded cheese, chipotle chicken, remaining shredded cheese and then corn kernels.. Place sheet pan in oven for 6 to 7 minutes or until cheese has just melted.
- Remove sheet pan from oven and drizzle cheese sauce over pan. Top with sliced jalapenos and cilantro leaves. Serve.