Hey Guys! So Super Bowl is tomorrow and we’re getting ready with all the prep today! One of the things I love doing for big game days like this is to set up a DIY Nacho Bar! I love having things set up in a buffet-style so guests can feel free to make their own creations and pick and nibble as they please throughout the day.
My favorite thing about this “recipe” (lets be serious…this isn’t really a ‘recipe’ per say..) is that we’re using a cheese sauce instead of melting shredded cheese down. There are a couple reasons I love this so much:
1) When was the last time any of you have had cheese sauce topped nachos that WASN’T from a concession stand??? I’m assuming the majority of you are thinking…”Hmm, never. Weird.” :)
2) By creating a cheese sauce sitch instead of topping the nachos with shredded cheese, you don’t have to keep the oven on all day and continue running back and forth into the kitchen to melt cheese on top of the chips every time someone wants to build nachos! The only thing you’ll have to do is re-warm the sauce every now and then, (unless you have a hotplate of sorts, then you’re totally golden!) which is so much easier!
I hope everyone has a fun tomorrow whether you’re into football or not, ’cause we all know events like this are mostly about all about the food….well, and the halftime show! :) Enjoy! xx, Jenny
Here are two recipes that work great with this nacho bar:
And in case you’re just on a nacho kick, here are more delicious nacho recipes:
Hungry for more?
Subscribe to never miss a recipe.
DIY Nacho Bar
pico de gallo
- 6 roma tomatoes, seeded and diced
- ¼ small onion, diced
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ bunch cilantro, minced
- juice from 2 large limes
- salt and pepper to taste
- corn tortilla chips
- black beans or pinto beans
- charred sweet corn kernels
- jalapenos, thinly sliced (can use pickled jalapenos too!)
- radishes, stemmed and thinly sliced
- Mexican crèma
- thinly sliced green onion
- cilantro leaves
- Make pork or carne asada recipe as directed. Shred or dice and set aside.
- Make cheese sauce and set aside.
- For pico de gallo: place all ingredients into a large mixing bowl and toss together. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- To assemble: Place all the sauces and topping in individual dishes/bowls, creating a buffet-style set up. Have a stack of small plates, next to the big bowl of tortilla chips and cheese sauce followed by the remaining topping ingredients. Serve (for people to build their own nacho creation!).