Happy weekend! We are pleased to present to a meal that is amazing and perfect for lounging and watching tv on a Sunday night, which is exactly what you should do. Make this recipe, netflix and chill, or plow through your DVR, whatever. This recipe is for relaxing and over consumption of creamy cheesy pasta. This recipe is all about comfort and treating yourself. This Creamy Stovetop Macaroni and Cheese is exactly what it says, creamy. But not just regular creamy, crazy creamy. Silky smooth creamyness. YES. Make this recipe, you won’t regret it. I promise.
Hungry for more?
Creamy Stovetop Macaroni and Cheese
- 1 pound large elbow macaroni
silky cheese sauce
- 5 ounces evaporated milk
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 8 ounces shredded white cheddar cheese
- 4 ounces shredded Oaxaca cheese
- 1 tablespoon tapioca starch can use cornstarch
- 1 ½ teaspoon lemon juice
Recipe instruction visual controls:
- Fill a large pot with water and bring to a boil. Add a handful of salt and pasta and boil, stirring occasionally, until pasta is fully cooked. Drain pasta, reserving 3 tablespoons pasta water. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan combine evaporated milk, pasta water, egg, dry mustard, salt, and pepper and whisk together. In a large mixing bowl combine both cheeses, starch and lemon juice and toss together.
- Place saucepan over medium-low heat and whisk together for about 2 minutes. Whisk in small handfuls of the cheese mixture at a time, making sure not to add more cheese until the previous addition had been fully incorporated to the sauce.
- Continue to whisk and add cheese over the low heat until all the cheese has been added and a creamy and smooth sauce forms (make sure not to rush this process or your cheese sauce will not be smooth).
- Once the sauce has been made, stir in the pasta. Adjust seasonings and serve.