Hi All! When the summer heat hits LA it’s a little difficult for me to get myself to want to cook anything really, so today we have a super tasty and filling, Fresh Summer Appetizer Platter for you all…no cooking required!
I really had no idea what to call this concoction, but I think Fresh Summer Appetizer Platter is pretty fitting, right? It’s loaded with light and refreshing ingredients and the prosciutto adds a nice dimension of ‘salty’ to the bunch. The bed of honeyed-yogurt is actually one of my favorite things about this dish. I love that it’s lightly sweet, but still creamy and not heavy.
I guess this is sort of a modern day ambrosia salad. Anyway, this 20 minute dish is so light, refreshing and delicious and it’s also a total crown pleaser. I used this melon baller to for the cantaloupe Next time you’re in the mood for something simple and totally satisfying, but don’t feel like turning on the stove or oven I highly recommend making this dish! If you’re looking for another dish that requires no cooking. xx, Jenny
Hungry for more?
Subscribe to never miss a recipe.
Fresh Summer Appetizer Platter
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons honey
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 3 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto
- 1 Persian cucumber, thinly sliced lengthwise with a potato peeler and rolled into tubes
- ¼ cantaloupe, balled
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella balls (ciliengine)
- ½ cup fresh peas
- mint leaves
- lemon zest
- salt and pepper to taste
- Spread sweetened yogurt into a thin and even layer of a large platter.
- Top yogurt with remaining ingredients, scattering each item throughout the platter, so you have a variety of items throughout the platter.
- Sprinkle entire platter with mint leaves and lemon zest and finish with sea salt flakes and cracked black pepper. Serve.
Did you make this recipe? We want to see!
tag @SpoonForkBacon and #SpoonForkBacon on Instagram
This is so good! I made it last night for a dinner party/book club and it was a huge hit. Perfect for a summer evening.
i like your idea. i’ll try to do it next weeken. thanks for your sharing
This looks so lovely and colorful!
I live in Portland and it has been really hot as well. This sounds perfect for the hot days we have been having.