Hi All! Okay, so the weather in LA is seriously no joke. I know I talk about the weather A LOT over here, but hot-damn this summer has been toasty and steamy! Seriously though, weather has been weirdly humid in LA and I’m not into it. Since my face has been melting off for the last month, its been a little difficult for me to get myself to want to cook anything really, so today we have a super tasty and filling, Fresh Summer Appetizer Platter for ya!
I really had no idea what to call this concoction, but I think Fresh Summer Appetizer Platter is pretty fitting, right? It’s loaded with light and refreshing ingredients and the prosciutto adds a nice dimension of ‘salty’ to the bunch. The bed of honeyed-yogurt is actually one of my favorite things about this dish. I love that it’s lightly sweet, but still creamy and not heavy. I guess this is sort of a modern day ambrosia salad…just not so weird?! lol. I don’t know. Anyway, this 10 minute dish is so light, refreshing and delicious and it’s also a total crown pleaser. Next time you feel like your face is melting off, just skip the oven stuff and make one of these platters! Enjoy! xx, Jenny
Fresh Summer Appetizer Platter
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons honey
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 3 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto
- 1 Persian cucumber, thinly sliced lengthwise with a potato peeler and rolled into tubes
- ¼ cantaloupe, balled
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella balls (ciliengine)
- ½ cup fresh peas
- mint leaves
- lemon zest
- salt and pepper to taste
- Spread sweetened yogurt into a thin and even layer of a large platter.
- Top yogurt with remaining ingredients, scattering each item throughout the platter, so you have a variety of items throughout the platter.
- Sprinkle entire platter with mint leaves and lemon zest and finish with sea salt flakes and cracked black pepper. Serve.