This is always kind of a weird time of year for me. I start getting a little antsy for fall around this time of year. I know we’re still a month and a half away from it officially being fall, but I’m already wishing for crisp fall air, cozy booties and hot cocoa (seriously. I love hot cocoa). I think it’s also because this is the HOTTEST time of year, with temps in the 90’s and I’m just a teensy bit over it, ya know?
Anyway, we have these Mini Citrus Bundt Cakes with a Sweet Lemon Glaze for you all today! This recipe is sort of my “hurry up and get here fall and winter!” wishful thinking sort of sitch. Although I do think this is still a great dessert for the summer, especially with a big scoop of ice cream or even whipped cream! I also just like how impressive lil’ bundt cakes look and they’re really super easy to make! I got the mold to this pan on amazon. I was worried that my cakes wouldn’t un-mold properly, but they did and with a perfect sort of “crust” surrounding them (think the end pieces of a pan of brownies!)! Anyway, these little guys are perfect to bring over to a party or get together, so enjoy! xx, Jenny
Hungry for more?
Subscribe to never miss a recipe.
Mini Citrus Bundt Cakes with Sweet Lemon Glaze
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup (1 ½ sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 ⅔ cups sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1 teaspoon grated grapefruit zest
- 1 teaspoon grated lime zest
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 to 3 teaspoons milk, as needed for consistency
- lemon zest
- edible flowers, optional
- Preheat oven to 350˚F.
- Lightly spray a mini bundt pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- Place flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt into a mixing bowl and whisk together. Set aside.
- In another mixing bowl beat together butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, and continue to beat together. Stir in vanilla.
- Add dry mixture to the wet mixture, alternating in thirds with the buttermilk. Stir until completely mixed together.
- Fold in the citrus zest until just combined.
- Divide batter into the mini bundt molds, filling each about 2/3 full.
- Bake the cakes in the oven for 18 to 22 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the center of each cake.
- Allow cakes to cool for 10 minutes, remove them from their molds and continue to cool completely.
- Glaze: Whisk powdered sugar and lemon juice together until a smooth glaze forms. Add milk, as needed, to thin glaze.
- To assemble: Pour glaze over each cake until well coated. Top with fresh lemon zest and edible flowers, if using. Serve.
Did you make this recipe? We want to see!
tag @SpoonForkBacon and #SpoonForkBacon on Instagram
How long should this bake in a regular bundt pan? I don’t have any mini pans. Womp womp
It’s cool, I didn’t until recently when I bought this guy to make this recipe :) it should take about 1 hr 15-30 minutes…but definitely keep an eye on it after the 1 hr 15 mark to check the doneness!
Thank you so much!
These look yummy. Do you have a link to your mini pan?
Yes, I just added it to the post! Thanks! :)