We are reposting this recipe because I love it very much, and even though s’mores are very trendy right now and forever, I still think they are they best. These are especially good right out of the oven when they are warm and gooey, but also totally delicious later if you warm them up in the microwave and if you wanna get crazy and add a scoop of ice cream. :)
This recipe was originally posted on June 27th, 2015 with the below post.
Who ever figured out the combo of chocolate, marshmallow and graham crackers is a genius. That combo is just so good, and will never get old. We have taken what we love about s’mores and made them into something we love a little more. These are our Oatmeal S’mores bars. Instead of the graham crackers we basically put oatmeal cookie dough. So it’s like an oatmeal cookie and s’mores baby, and its pretty cute and very delicious. In bar form, it’s like a gooey brownie with the right amount of fudginess. We know the 4th is coming up, so this might be a good time to make a couple of batches.
Hungry for more?
Oatmeal S’mores Bars
oatmeal cookie dough
- 1 ⅔ cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 ½ cups rolled oats
- 8 ounces chopped dark chocolate, divided
- 6 ounces mini marshmallows
Recipe instruction visual controls:
- Preheat oven to 350˚F. Line a 8”x8” baking pan with parchment and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl whisk together flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Set aside.
- In another mixing bowl, cream together butter and sugars. Add eggs and vanilla and continue to mix together. Scrape down sides of the bowl and add dry ingredients. Stir together until well combined and a dough forms. Fold in oats until fully incorporated.
- To assemble: Press half of the dough into the bottom of the prepared baking pan. Top with an even layer of 6 ounces of chocolate and top chocolate with an even layer of marshmallows. Carefully press remaining cookie dough over the marshmallows. Sprinkle the remaining chocolate over the top and bake for 32 to 35 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from the oven and allow pan to cool, about 30 minutes. Cut into bars or squares and serve.
- *Makes 1 (8”x8”) pan