It’s National S’mores Day! While we don’t usually pay attention to the dozens of food holidays that pop up throughout the year, there are a couple we enjoy recognizing and s’mores day is one of them! We think the combination of marshmallows, chocolate and graham crackers is just brilliant!
We have a short list of some of our Best S’mores Recipes we’ve made in the last handful of years. If you’re a s’mores lover like we both are, you’ll absolutely love these delicious and fun variations!
- Our S’mores Cookies are TO DIE FOR. Seriously. We incorporated graham cracker crumbs into the cookie dough to give it a distinct graham cracker flavor, but still keeping the recipe easy! We also used plain milk chocolate for a classic s’mores vibe. The secret to our cookies though is the vegan marshmallows, that don’t melt away to nothing by the time they come out of the oven like regular marshmallows, so a gooey center is guaranteed! Everyone will absolutely love these cookies!
- S’mores Fudgsicles are another favorite over here. We got this idea from Dominique Ansel who makes an ice cream stuffed marshmallow that he toasts and serves at his bakery each summer. The cold toasted marshmallow fluff is so good, especially with with the graham cracker and chocolatey center. We use these silicone ice cream molds that make the perfect mini ice cream bars!
- If you’re looking for a tream with a s’mores-like vibe, but aren’t into sweets, our Savory S’mores are 100% for you!! That’s right, you read that correctly!! We baked up homemade cheesy herb crackers and topped them with salty prosciutto and squares of creamy brie cheese. We ever so slightly melt the brie, then drizzle them with honey for the most delicious and fun take on s’mores…only savory!
- If you want to combine two classic and very easy-to-make treats into one, make our S’mores Rice Krispies Treats. We basically made both desserts, stacked them on top of one another and threw the whole thing under the broiler to get the chopped chocolate and marshmallow topping all melty and gooey. These treats instantly disappear every time we make and bring them to a get together!
- Next up are our super cute S’mores Cupcakes! Our delicious and moist devils food cake cupcakes are topped with a toasted marshmallow fluff topping. Each cupcake is finished with a little piece of chocolate bar and graham cracker garnish. They’re the cutest little cupcakes that everyone will love!
- Our Oatmeal S’mores Bars are delicious oatmeal cookies in bar form that are studded with crushed graham crackers, chopped chocolate and tons of marshmallows! The bars are thick, soft and slightly chewy. The combination of oatmeal cookie and s’mores is incredible in both flavor and texture. You really can’t go wrong with these!
- Finally we have our Six Layer S’mores Cake Recipe! If you have a big s’mores lover in your life, this is the cake for them! Just like our cookie recipe above, we add graham cracker crumbs into our cake batter for a simple way to incorporate graham cracker flavor into the cake, while maintaining a soft and fluffy texture. Our chocolate ganache frosting is then encased in a thick layer of toasted marshmallow fluff for a truly decadent treat! I made this for my nephews “first sugar” a few years back and guests were crowding around in the kitchen just amazed at the huge cake! It’s a crowd pleaser for sure!
We hope you all enjoy our lil’ S’mores Round Up! It’s one of the national food holidays we have fun with and really enjoy. You just can’t go wrong with chocolate, graham crackers and marshmallows!
Leave a Reply