I love a good chewy cookie, especially these Marshmallow Stuffed S’mores Cookies. There are lots of pockets of goodies in these cookies. Like delicious pockets of gooey vegan marshmallows, and milk chocolate. There is also a bunch of graham cracker crumbs in these cookies. These are just a really great cookie recipe to have if you too are a fan of chewy cookies. It’s the perfect cookie recipe to make when you want yummy chocolate chip but maybe a little something different.
Why Vegan Marshmallows?
We use vegan marshmallows in this recipe because they tend to hold up better when baked. So when you break the cookie open, you’ll still get a nice gooey center! Regular marshmallows will generally leak through the cookie, leaving you with a more chewy center without the melty marshmallow goodness.
Graham Cracker Substitute
If you don’t have graham cracker crumbs and can add an extra 1/2 cup of flour instead. You’ll miss out on a little bit of the graham cracker flavor, but will still have a delicious cookie!
To freeze these cookies, make and stuff cookies as directed. Place stuffed, pre-bake cookies onto a parchment lined baking sheet and place in the freezer until cookie balls are fully frozen. Transfer cookie balls into a resealable bag and freeze for up to 3 months. When ready to bake, add an additional 3 to 5 minutes to the bake time.
These s’mores cookies are special and totally worth making! If you are more of a just chocolate chip cookie type of person, our Browned Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies are amazing as well!
Check out our round up for our Best S’mores Recipes!
Hungry for more?
Subscribe to never miss a recipe.
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons molasses
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ⅔ cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup chopped milk chocolate
- 24 vegan marshmallows
- Place butter in a bowl and using an electric mixer, beat until light and fluffy.
- Add both sugars and continue to beat together until light and fluffy.
- Scrape down sides of the bowl, add molasses, eggs and vanilla and continue to mix together.
- In another bowl whisk dry ingredients together. Beat and add to the butter mixture.
- Beat together until a dough comes together.
- Fold in chopped chocolate until fully combined.
- Scoop 3 tablespoon sized balls and create a deep indent in the center. Stuff each cookie with a marshmallow and pinch bottom to completely seal. Place Cookies onto a parchment lined baking sheet, about 3 inches apart. **They spread quite a bit and will have to be done in batches. Refrigerate cookies for about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350˚F.
- Bake cookies for 15 to 18 minutes or until cookies are golden brown, have spread and are gooey in the center from the melted marshmallows.
- Remove from oven and cool, about 10 minutes. Serve.