The holidays are here and these Salted Browned Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies are always my first go-to for the season. Everyone loves a good chocolate chip cookie, but add a little browned butter and sea salt and you get next level deliciousness. Really though, these cookies are so tasty and hit the spot every time I’m in the mood for a sweet treat. They’re crisp on the outside, and nice and soft on the inside. The dough also freezes VERY well, so I usually have at least one batch of these cookies sitting in the freezer, ready to hit the oven. Just FYI. :)
I also love making a few batches and giving them out to neighbors for the holidays. Every year i’m asked for this recipe over and over again so this year I finally decided we needed it on the blog! Hope you guys love these as much as I do! Enjoy! xx, Jenny
Hungry for more?
Subscribe to never miss a recipe.
Salted, Browned Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup (2 stick) unsalted butter, divided
- 1 cup superfine sugar granulated is fine
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon molasses
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 ⅓ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup chopped dark chocolate can use milk chocolate, if you prefer
- 1 to 2 tablespoons sea salt flakes, divided
- Melt 1 stick butter in a small saucepan over medium-low heat and continue to cook until butter begins to smell nutty and lightly brown. Remove from heat and cool completely.
- Place remaining stick of butter and cooled browned butter in a bowl and using an electric mixer, beat until light and fluffy.
- Add both sugars and continue to beat together until light and fluffy.
- Scrape down sides of the bowl, add molasses and vanilla and continue to mix together.
- Stir in egg and egg yolk.
- In another bowl whisk dry ingredients together and add to the butter mixture.
- Beat together until a dough comes together.
- Fold in chopped chocolate chips until fully combined.
- Wrap dough in plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour and up to 3 days.
- Preheat oven to 350˚F.
- Scoop 3 ½ tablespoon sized balls onto a parchment lined baking sheet, about 1 ½ inches apart and sprinkle with sea salt flakes.
- Bake for 12 to 14 minutes or until cookies are golden brown.
- Allow cookies to cool for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack or serve warm.