Lets get honest about gazpacho. When I first learned there was such a thing as cold soup I thought that idea was really disgusting. Soup is meant to hot, and filling, and so comforting that you should feel so good about yourself that you forget about all of your insecurities. Then you realize what gazpacho really is. Gazpacho is essentially a smoothie with the addition of tomatoes. That is if you don’t normally put tomatoes in your smoothies, and if you do that’s weird and I would then tell you its gazpacho. So learning that gazpacho is essentially a smoothie I looked at it a whole lot differently. I like smoothies. I bought a really expensive vitamix so I could make smoothies all the time. The thing about gazpacho is that you can add fun stuff like goat cheese and it’s totally ok. Adding goat cheese to a smoothie would again, be really gross. This recipe for Strawberry and Tomato Gazpacho is so light and refreshing. It’s one of those dishes you eat when it’s a million degrees out and you need something other than a snow cone. I wonder if you all have or have had the same feelings about gazpacho as me. Please share!
Here are a couple more yummy strawberry recipes we love:
Hungry for more?
Strawberry and Tomato Gazpacho
- 16 large strawberries, cleaned and hulled
- 5 small vine ripe tomatoes, chopped
- ⅓ hothouse cucumber, chopped
- 2 jalapenos, seeded and chopped
- ½ bunch mint, chopped plus extra for garnish
- 2 limes, juiced
- 3 tablespoons honey
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 ounces goat cheese, softened
- 2 limes, zested
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
Recipe instruction visual controls:
- Place all ingredients into a blender and puree until smooth. (Strain if desired,but not necessary)
- Pour soup into a large bowl and set into an ice bath. Chill soup for 1 hour.
- Stir and adjust seasonings.
- Place goat cheese, lime zest and pepper into a small bowl and stir togetheruntil fully combined.
- To serve: Ladle soup into each bowl and top with a small dollop of preparedgoat cheese and snips of fresh mint leaves.
- *Makes 3 cups