Happy Friday! We have a little snack / app for you today. Perfect for lazy weekends with wine, or watching The Handmaids tale in bed. (Are you guys watching The Handmaids tale? Soooooo good.)
Whipped feta is also my favorite because any cheese that you can dip stuff in is worth just having around, so probably make extra of that. These toast points are also gorgeous, so they make a perfect appetizer to serve to guests with not that much effort. Also, it’s cheese and bread and thats everyones favorite so it’s just a good choice.
More recipes you might like:
- Creamy Roasted Tomato and Basil Soup
- Bruschetta and Whipped Feta Tart
- Herb and Panko Crusted Baked Tomatoes
- Butter Roasted Cherry Tomato Pasta
Hungry for more?
Subscribe to never miss a recipe.
Roasted Cherry Tomato and Whipped Feta Toast Points
roasted cherry tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 pound cherry tomatoes
- 3 garlic cloves
- 3 thyme sprigs
- 6 ounces crumbled feta
- 2 ounces grated Parmesan
- ⅓ cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon zest
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 French baguette, cut into thirds and each third sliced in half
- extra virgin olive oil
- grated Parmesan, for garnish
- fried basil leaves, for garnish optional
- Preheat oven to 375˚F.
- In a shallow baking dish, combine oil, butter, tomatoes, garlic, and thyme and place into the oven. Roast tomatoes for 20 to 22 minutes or until soft and bursting. Remove tomatoes from oven and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Place feta, Parmesan, milk, and zest into a food processor and season with salt and pepper. Process mixture until completely smooth.
- Place baguette pieces, cut side up, onto a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Place baguette in oven for 6 to 8 minute or until lightly toasted.
- To assemble: Spread some of the whipped feta over each piece of toast and using a slotted spoon, top with a few spoonful’s of the roasted tomatoes onto each toast. Finish with a sprinkle of Parmesan and a few fried basil leaves, if using. Serve immediately.
Did you make this recipe? We want to see!
tag @SpoonForkBacon and #SpoonForkBacon on Instagram
Made this tonight and it was delicious. Served alongside grilled chicken. I might make this again for Sunday brunch.
Does it have to be whole milk?! This sounds so delicious. But I’d be buying a half gallon of whole milk just for this ???? and the rest would go to waste.
It can be any dairy milk, really :)
What a beautiful & luscious appetizer! Perfect for casual entertaining this weekend. Thanks for the inspiration.