Today we have a really perfect little entertaining recipe that we have paired with Dark Horse Wine to bring you. We love spring (which officially begins today!) because of everything yummy that is coming into season, super fresh and healthy. I feel like naturally our bodies just want to start to eat healthier and the loaded cream based soups we were living on over the winter have been over indulged and just don’t sound as appetizing. What I really crave when the seasons change are huge salads, seafood, light grains, and Sauvignon Blanc (spring is basically the season of Sauvignon Blanc!). So we are excited to bring you this Smoked Trout on Toast recipe paired with Dark Horse Wine’s new Sauvignon Blanc. With its crisp acidity and citrus flavors, Dark Horse Sauvignon Blanc is a perfect pairing with our Smoked Trout on Toast recipe. Light and refreshing, much like the wine, this recipe won’t bog you down and can also be served over cucumbers for something even lighter if you wanted. This pairing is just so perfect for entertaining, and easy to whip up, and best of all, easy to prepare ahead! Not only do we love the light and crisp flavor of Dark Horse Sauvignon Blanc, but the affordability (under $10 a bottle!) is like icing on the cake! Enjoy!!
More recipes you might like:
Hungry for more?
Subscribe to never miss a recipe.
Smoked Trout On Toast
- 8 ounces boneless/skinless smoked trout, roughly flaked
- 3 ounces mascarpone, softened
- ½ cup sweet corn kernels
- 3 tablespoons finely diced shallots
- 1 ½ tablespoons lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced tarragon
- 2 teaspoons thinly sliced chives
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon cracked black pepper
- Place all ingredients, (except crostini and microgreens) into a mixing bowl and mix together with a fork, flaking the fish as much as you can, but not overworking the mixture. Adjust seasonings.
- Top each crostini with a couple tablespoons of the trout mixture and top with micro greens and more lemon zest, if desired.
- *Makes 1 1/3 cups
Did you make this recipe? We want to see!
tag @SpoonForkBacon and #SpoonForkBacon on Instagram
This looks so yummy, and it sounds very healthy, can’t wait to make it
Brian @ A Thought For Food
Our summers are all about grilling and smoking fish. We usually have a couple of grills going at the same time, doing ribs on one, trout, bluefish, or salmon on the other. In love with your toast here. This is one of those “If I had to choose one last meal” kind of dishes, because I’m such a sucker for smoked fish of any kind.