It’s been a while since we posted a pie, so I thought it might be time! When I have extra berries around that are about to take a turn for the worst it’s I love making a quick and simple galette. Galettes to me are much less intimidating than a pie, because the point in making them is not to be perfect. That is the beauty in galettes, the thick folds of pie dough over the berries make a beautiful rustic case for all your gorgeous super sweet berries. To be super over the top and crazy, add ice cream when the galette is still warm. Yum. Also, individual galettes are pretty fun to make too. :)
ALSO! If you’re looking for some yummy weeknight meals we created another week of easy and yummy ones over at Delish.com! You can get them all right HERE.
Hungry for more?
Subscribe to never miss a recipe.
Mixed Berry Galette
cream cheese pie dough
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon baking powder
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, cold and cut into small cubes
- ¼ cup (2 ounces) cream cheese, cold and cut into small cubes
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 to 2 teaspoons ice cold water
- 2 tablespoons panko breadcrumbs
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 1 cup fresh blackberries
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- vanilla ice cream
- Preheat oven to 400˚F.
- For dough: Place flour, salt, baking powder, butter, and cream cheese in a food processor and pulse until a fine meal forms. While pulsing, add water and vinegar and continue to pulse until dough forms. Dump dough onto a clean surface and form into a disc. Tightly cover in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Lightly flour a clean surface and roll dough out into a 14” circle, about 1/4 inch thick.
- Transfer dough onto a parchment lined baking sheet and sprinkle breadcrumbs over the surface.
- Pour all the berries, lemon juice and sugar into a mixing bowl and toss together. Allow mixture to sit for 10 minutes.
- Pour the mixture into the pie dough and fold the edges into the center about 1 inch.
- Place the galette in the oven for 22 to 25 minutes.
- Allow galette to cool for about 5 minutes, top with scoops of vanilla ice cream, slice and serve.
- *Makes 1 (12”) galette