Thanksgiving is right around the corner and we have our 50 Best Thanksgiving Recipes for you! We have everything from appetizers, breads/biscuits, side dishes, mains (and not just turkeys!), and desserts. It’s the ultimate list of thanksgiving recipes!
Everyone loves to prep their stomach by nibbling on a little something before the big meal, so we have a list of some of our favorite hot and cold appetizers that will definitely kickstart any appetite.
Cold appetizers are perfect for Thanksgiving. Why? Because cold means make ahead! We know oven space gets limited so these are all our trusted and most loved appetizer recipes.
- Our Undeviled Eggs are ALWAYS a hit. They’re a simplified way to serve the more traditional deviled eggs and can be topped with just about any yummy, topping of your choice!
- One of our favorite dips for a crowd is this Black Pepper and Lemon Asiago Dip! We love to serve it with a variety of crackers as well as a bunch of fresh crudité!
- ‘Tis the season for all things pumpkin so another dip option is our Roasted Pumpkin Hummus! It’s thick, creamy and always hits the spot! An added bonus is that this dish is vegan!
- Our Mexican Shrimp Cocktail is delicious, bright, fresh, and light enough to enjoy without filling you up too much before the big meal.
- Our Prosciutto Topped Cucumber Crostini is so good! A lightly take on the traditional crostini, using sliced cucumbers instead of sliced pieces of toasted baguette.
This collection of Thanksgiving appetizers is for those of you who are looking to impress. There are some seriously delicious recipes in this hot appetizer collection, and we know you will find some you just have to make!
- Our Fried Burrata over Romesco Sauce is crazy delicious and always a crowd pleaser. Make the romesco sauce ahead of time and just heat it up before you’re ready to serve it.
- This Herb and Cheese Braided Star Bread is another great make ahead dish that looks super impressive, but is actually so easy to throw together and tastes delicious! You can make this whole thing ahead of time, freeze it and pop it in the oven right before your guests arrive! The perfect thanksgiving recipe to kickoff the night!
- These Cheesy Sweet Potato Fritters are delicious and easy to make ahead and reheat for serving.
- Our Honey Brûlée Brie is always a favorite! Who doesn’t love creamy, melty brie cheese? Why not take it a step further by slathering the top with honey and torching it to create a sweet, crackling top? You’re welcome.
- Another unique take on deviled eggs, our Fried Deviled Eggs are delicious and totally addicting!
- Our Crock Pot Beer Cheese Dip is a great make ahead appetizer! Serve it with chips, crackers, pretzels, broccoli florets, and more!
Breads and Biscuits
We love carbs and think warm bread and biscuits are a must on every thanksgiving table! Yes, ok, we know there is usually always stuffing which is also bread but come on – you can never have too much bread! We have rounded up our favorite Thanksgiving Bread and Biscuit recipes that are perfect for sopping up the last of that gravy on your plate.
- Cheesy Herb Beer Bread is our go to when we want warm bread without all the fuss of yeast. This no-yeast bread is savory, fluffy and delicious and takes no time at all to make!
- These Ham and Cheese Popovers are absolutely delicious, light and airy, and just a little something special for your table!
- Pumpkin Cornbread is something we love to make this time of year! It has a delicate pumpkin flavor that we love and should be paired with lots of soft butter. It’s a simple thanksgiving recipe that should definitely be added to your meal!
- Cheesy Garlic and Herb Pane Bianco might look impressive, but it’s actually very easy to make! It’s also really versatile and can be flavored with so many different things like sliced olives, sun dried tomatoes and caramelized onions, just to name a few!
- Our Cheesy Herb Pull Apart Bread is flaky and delicious. We love making a couple loaves to place around the table for guests to share.
- Another awesome no-yeast bread is our Black Pepper and Parmesan Beer Bread! We love this tasty combination of black pepper and Parmesan, it’s so good!
- Our Sour Cream and Chive Drop Biscuits are for sure a favorite thanksgiving recipe. They’re so easy to make and are packed with so much delicious, buttery flavor!
- Browned Butter Biscuits are tender, flaky, nutty, and just flat out delicious.
- We love these savory Sweet Potato and Rosemary Biscuits. The bright flavor of rosemary pairs so well with the more subtle sweet potato!
- Ham and Cheese Buttermilk Biscuits are so good! It’s one of our favorite biscuits to use to sop up all the extra gravy on our plates!
Thanksgiving side dishes are favorites for many people and we definitely don’t have a shortage of delicious side dishes to include in your thanksgiving meal! In fact, we think side dishes are maybe the best part of Thanksgiving. This collection of side dishes has everything you could want!
Thanksgiving Stuffing Recipes
- Stuffing is probably my favorite part of any thanksgiving meal. I love stuffing of all kinds, but one of my absolute favorites is this Fig, Herb and Sausage Stuffing. I promise you guys, this is SUCH a crowd pleaser. I can never make enough and it’s the first thing to go, ALWAYS!
- Another stuffing very high on my list is this Apple and Fennel Stuffing. I love the combination of apple and fennel. The flavors balance each other out so nicely and just soak into aaalllll the bread. So good. Swapping the butter out for a vegan alternative and using vegetable stock will make this vegetarian dish, vegan friendly!
- Our Mushroom and Sage Stuffing is another great vegetarian friendly thanksgiving recipe that can also easily be made vegan by swapping the butter out for a vegan alternative. We love the rich and savory mushroom flavor in this stuffing!
- Finally, we have our Butternut Squash, Andouille and Herb Stuffing. The spicy andouille pairs so well with the sweet butternut squash, it’s such a delicious
More Thanksgiving Side Dishes
- We’re starting with our Shaved Brussels Sprouts Salad (and yes, it’s so much more than just a salad! The crispy, salty bits of pancetta, toasty pieces of pretzel bread and crunchy shaved brussels sprouts get tossed together in the best mustard vinaigrette, for the tastiest side/salad/whatever you want to call it!
- Our Parsnip and Roasted Garlic Mash is the perfect alternative to mashed potatoes and a great vegetarian side dish. You can also swap out the butter and cream for vegan alternatives, resulting in an equally delicious thanksgiving side dish!
- We have TONS of mac and cheese recipes on the blog, but this classic, Creamy Stovetop Mac and Cheese has always been and will probably be one of our favorites. This no fuss, creamy concoction is something we want to face plant into every time it’s in front of us. So creamy and satisfying!
- Our Cheesy Root Vegetable Gratin is not only a stunner, but tastes just as delicious as it looks! Filled with bubbling Parmesan and gruyere and super fragrant thyme, it’s one of our favorite side dishes ever!
- This Butternut Squash with Brown Butter is a delicious side dish that by no means takes the place of mashed potatoes – but certainly will if you need a sub!
- Maple Glazed Roasted Acorn Squash is always a great addition to any thanksgiving table, and so easy to throw together. We love that it’s a delicious and beautiful dish that takes minimal effort; perfect for when you have an entire feast to plan and cook!
- If you’re looking for something extra decadent, but also easy to make our Cheesy Potato Casserole is for you! It’s creamy and delicious and the over the top potato chip crust might be one of our favorite things about this crazy good thanksgiving recipe!
- Want a more traditional take on gratin? Our Cheesy Potatoes Gratin is equally as delicious as our root vegetable version, but made with creamy russet potatoes!
While turkey is the traditional main dish most people expect to enjoy we also have other alternatives if turkey isn’t your thing!
- Citrus and Herb Roasted Turkey is my go-to if I’m going the classic route for thanksgiving. I love the flavor this brine imparts into the meat, and the cooking method insures you have a very juicy bird, with nice and crispy skin.
- Our Citrus Dry Brined Turkey is another delicious take on roasting a whole thanksgiving turkey. It takes less fridge space, is a little more low maintenance to make and results in an equally flavorful and juicy turkey with crispy skin.
- Not into turkey? Then this Pork Belly Porchetta might just be for you! Surprisingly low maintenance and very delicious, this is the perfect entrée alternative for any pork lover.
- Our Standing Rib Roast recipe is a great beef alternative from the traditional turkey. We serve it with a simple and delicious savory au jus and a creamy horseradish sauce.
- Maybe you just want something smaller to feed less people. Our Spatchcock Chicken recipe is just for you! The spatchcock method not only results in a deliciously juicy bird with crispy skin, but it also takes less time in the oven!
- Looking for a vegan option? Our Roasted Chickpea Stuffed Sweet Potatoes with Cilantro-Garlic Cashew Sauce is for you! These sweet potatoes are delicious, so filling and one of my favorite meatless meals! You’ll want to drink the cilantro-garlic cashew sauce!
Even if everyone is ready to roll themselves home after thanksgiving dinner, people can and will always find some stomach space for dessert!
- Pies are all the rage, especially pumpkin, apple, pecan, and sweet potato, but we’re changing things up a bit here with our French Silk Pie. I love this lighter than air chocolate pie with a buttery and delicious Nilla wafer crust!
- This Sunken German Apple Cake is great pie alternative for thanksgiving dessert. Not only is it such a pretty dish, but so tasty, especially when served slightly warm.
- Want something a little more traditional? Our Pumpkin Pie with a Chocolate Crust is our take on the traditional pumpkin pie. The chocolate wafer crust pairs surprisingly well with the sweet pumpkin filling. We promise you will love it!
- We also have a mile high Browned Butter Apple Pie with a Cheddar Crust! If you’ve never had an apple pie with a cheddar crust before you’re in for a real treat!
- Our Apple Cake with Chai Spiced Buttercream is the perfect cake to serve this holiday season. The bright flavor of chai cuts though some of the richness of the buttercream and compliments the apples in the cake quite well.
- Our Cranberry Crostata is a super autumnal, minimal effort dessert that anyone can make! The cranberry topping and phyllo crust can both be made ahead of time and assembled right before you’re ready to serve it up!
- Our Caramelized Pear Tart is another low maintenance dessert that everyone will love! We love serving it warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or some soft whipped cream!
- We love our Mini Citrus Pavlovas. Not only are they delicious, but we love that everyone is able to have their own sweet individual dessert.
We hope our list of 50 Best Thanksgiving Recipes helps you put together an epic thanksgiving feast! If you’re looking for delicious beverages to enjoy with your meal, check out our Drinks section for a variety of both alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages for everyone!
Also check out our:
Still looking for more thanksgiving recipes? Check out our Holiday Headquarters for even more recipes for your thanksgiving table. Enjoy!
Did you make this recipe? We want to see!
tag @SpoonForkBacon and #SpoonForkBacon on Instagram
I think this is a lovely roundup of recipes. Although we don’t celebrate Thanksgiving in this country the recipes will be a source of inspiration for Christmas. Thankyou! :)