Carbs are good – but cheesy carbs are even better. I can never get enough of pull apart bread so we made another recipe. This time just straight up super cheesy pull apart bread. It’s kind of a riff on our Pull Apart Pizza Bread which is delicious. I always think of this as more of an appetizer type dish, and never in place of rolls at a dinner table, but wouldn’t this be a serious upgrade for regular dinner rolls?! Yes. I will be doing that now. What would you serve this with for dinner?
Hungry for more?
Cheesy Herb Pull Apart Pizza Bread
- 3 cups bread flour all purpose is fine
- 2 ¼ teaspoon instant yeast
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 8 ounces warm water
- 1 ½ cups shredded Gouda
- 1 cup shredded Havarti
- ½ cup grated Parmesan, plus more for sprinkling
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced chives
- 2 teaspoons minced thyme
- 2 teaspoons minced oregano
- ½ cup (1 stick) salted butter, melted and slightly cooled
- Dough: Pour flour, yeast, salt, and oil into a mixing bowl and whisk together. Add water, ¼ cup water at a time and mix together until soft and sticky dough forms.
- Turn dough out onto a clean and lightly floured surface and knead for 2 to 3 minutes, until smooth dough forms.
- Lightly grease a mixing bowl, add dough and cover. Allow dough to rest and double in size, about 1 hour.
- Filling: Place all ingredients into a mixing bowl and toss together.
- To assemble: Preheat oven to 400˚F.
- Divide dough in half and cover one of the balls of dough. Roll other half of dough until ½″ thick (about 12”x 24” rectangle).
- Cut out 18 (4”x 4”) squares of dough. Brush butter onto the surface of each square and spread 2 tablespoons of filling over the surface.
- Stack three squares atop one another and carefully press them into a lightly greased loaf pan so they’re ‘standing up’. Repeat and continue to stack until all the squares are neatly in the loaf pan.
- Once the pan is filled, sprinkle the top with grated Parmesan and repeat with the remaining ingredients in the other loaf pan.
- Place the pans onto a baking sheet and bake for 22 to 25 minutes. Remove from the oven and Allow breads to cool, about 10 minutes.
- Remove from loaf pans and serve with warm marinara sauce.
- *Makes 2 (2.5” x 5”) loaves