Easter is right around the corner and we’re still finalizing our menus. One thing we’re definitely having is Appleton Farms Spiral Sliced Double Glazed Brown Sugar Ham from our local ALDI! The ham is super affordable and ALDI is basically a one stop shop for all your Easter needs, and that doesn’t just mean for your meal, they also have really great Easter basket goodies!
Not only are we going to enjoy the delicious ham, but we’re taking a little bit of it, dicing it up and making Ham and Cheese Popovers to add to the menu! The popover recipe couldn’t be easier to throw together, plus they’re so good! I could seriously eat an entire batch of them to myself. The little bits of sweet and salty ham and mild, melty Swiss pairs so well with the custardy popovers. This Easter make sure you stop over at your local ALDI to throw together a delicious and affordable Easter celebration! You can also order all of the ingredients you need on Instacart and have them delivered. Click here for that link, and get $10 off your first three ALDI orders of $35 or more with the code ALDISFB. Enjoy!
Hungry for more?
Ham and Cheese Popovers
- popover insert or muffin tin
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 2 large Simply Nature Grade A Organic Cage Free Brown Eggs
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 12 tablespoons diced Appleton Farms Spiral Cut Double Glazed Brown Sugar Ham, divided
- 6 ounces Happy Farms Swiss cheese, shredded and divided
- Preheat 425˚F.
- Place flour, milk, butter, eggs, salt, and pepper into a mixing bowl and whisk together.
- Lightly grease each popover insert and fill each well about ⅓ way with batter. Add 1 tablespoon of ham and ½ ounce shredded cheese to each well and top with 1 ½ tablespoons batter.
- Place popover pan into oven and bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until popovers have puffed up and are golden brown.
- Remove from oven, cool for 1 or 2 minutes and serve.