I think a leftover Thanksgiving Sandwich is one of the best things about thanksgiving meal. It might sound silly, but I look forward to these sandwiches every black Friday. They’re so ridiculously indulgent and perfect.
We love this thanksgiving sandwich so much and think the extra gravy soaked bread really takes this sandwich over the top! We drew inspiration for this sandwich from one of our favorite show, Friends, where Monica makes leftover thanksgiving sandwiches with a gravy soaked slice of bread, which she coined as the “moist maker”. It’s a very appropriate name too because it truly ensures your sandwich won’t be dry in any way, while also adding more flavor. Some of you might remember THIS scene from the episode, which is the best and never seems to get old!
Anyway, this is quite a hefty sandwich and we know the added carbs from both the third slice of bread AND the stuffing might be a little much for some. If that’s the case for you, I highly recommend still making this sandwich, but instead of adding an extra slice of bread, just dip each slice of turkey into the gravy. You still get the delicious flavor of the gravy in the sandwich, but can trim away at a little bit of the extra carbs.
More Sandwich Recipes You Will Love
- Copycat Popeyes Chicken Sandwich
- Grilled Tri-Tip Sandwiches
- Baked Nashville Honey Hot Chicken Sandwiches
- Pork Tenderloin Sandwich
- Carne Asada Torta
- Chivito: Steak Sandwich
- Roast Beef Sandwich
- Chickpea Salad Sandwich
- Slow Cooker Pickled Pulled Pork Sandwiches
Hungry for more?
Subscribe to never miss a recipe.
- 3 slices bread
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup cranberry sauce
- 6 ounces roasted turkey, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup stuffing
- 2 green leaf lettuce leaves optional
- 1/2 cup turkey gravy
- Spread a small amount of mayonnaise onto two slices of bread.
- Dip the remaining slice of bread in gravy and set aside.
- Build the sandwich however you like, placing the gravy soaked bread in the center.
- Gently push together and enjoy!