From the time the first leaf falls until the end of the year, you’d think the world runs on pumpkin. From pumpkin drinks to desserts to savory breakfasts and dinners, you can’t get enough of the orange stuff, and we can’t either!
From our massive amount of pumpkin recipes, it’s no secret that we love this fall favorite. Whether you like savory meals like cheesy pumpkin pancakes or pumpkin beer cheese soup or want a sweetly spiced dessert like our marbled pumpkin cheesecake bars, we know you’ll find a new fall favorite in our list of the best pumpkin recipes!
Breakfast and Brunch Pumpkin Recipes
- Pumpkin Spiced Waffles: These simple waffles are crisp on the outside, fluffy on the inside, and filled with delicious pumpkin spiced flavor. We like them best when served with warmed butter and pure maple syrup!
- Cheesy Pumpkin Pancakes: Instead of a sweet pancake, this cheesy pumpkin pancake recipe is savory, cheesy, and completely delicious! Light, fluffy, and packed with all the cheesy pumpkin flavor you could want. We suggest topping them with a fried egg for an extra decadent breakfast!
- Pumpkin Butter: This sweet pumpkin butter recipe is perfectly spiced and decadent. Smear a thick layer over toast, waffles, and pancakes to add an extra special fall-flavored twist. It’s an obvious and delicious breakfast condiment, but it’s also incredible when swirled into a big scoop of vanilla ice cream!
Pumpkin Appetizer, Snack and Soup Recipes
- Creamy Pumpkin Soup: This savory pumpkin soup recipe takes only 30 minutes to make and is a luscious addition to any fall meal. Don’t skip out on those seedy Parmesan crisps either; they’re perfect for crumbling over this silky-smooth soup!
- Pumpkin Cornbread: Our pumpkin cornbread is fluffy, delicious, and perfect for dipping in your creamy pumpkin soup! We bake them in mini cast iron skillets for fun individual servings, but you can also make this recipe in a full-size skillet for a crowd.
- Roasted Pumpkin Hummus: This savory pumpkin hummus is an amazing way to use up any extra sugar pumpkins leftover from Halloween! Pumpkin is combined with plenty of garlic and tahini for a nutty and savory flavor you can’t beat. We love it topped with pomegranate perils, pepitas, and hemp hearts for an unexpected and delicious texture and flavor burst!
- Pumpkin Beer Cheese Soup: We love beer cheese soup, and this pumpkin beer cheese soup is a seasonal favorite! It’s creamy, cheesy, and has a subtle pumpkin flavor that we love. Top it with buttery croutons for a crunchy contrast, or pair it with our Cheesy Herb Beer Bread.
- Canned Pumpkin Hummus Recipe: If you love the idea of pumpkin hummus but don’t have the time to mess with an actual pumpkin, this is the recipe for you! It’s still savory and packed with all the pumpkin flavor you love, but it comes together with way less effort in less time using canned pumpkin!
Perfect Pumpkin Recipes for Dinner
- Pumpkin Risotto with Seared Scallops: An indulgent dinner is perfect for a fall date night at home! The pumpkin risotto is perfectly creamy and al dente and goes so well with the buttery and sweet seared scallops. The bits of candied pancetta take this dish from delicious to fall-tastic (yes, we know it’s not a word, but in this case it should be!).
- Vegan Baked Spaghetti Squash with Pumpkin Alfredo: When you feel like a deliciously creamy fall pasta dish but want to try to keep things somewhat light, you can make our vegan baked spaghetti squash recipe! The squash is roasted in the oven and finished with a lusciously silky smooth (and vegan!) pumpkin-infused alfredo sauce. We promise you won’t even be able to tell there’s no cream, butter, or cheese!
- Pumpkin Mac and Cheese: This pumpkin mac and cheese takes just 30 minutes to whip together, making it the perfect weeknight meal. Eat it as is or throw some shredded chicken on top and serve with a simple side salad for a complete meal!
Pumpkin Dessert Recipes
- Baked Pumpkin Donuts: These baked pumpkin donuts are one of our favorite fall treats! Dipped in a sweet maple glaze and finished with a healthy coat of toasted coconut flakes, these fluffy donuts require no frying and are filled with delicious pumpkin-cinnamon flavor! To make them as easy (and cute) as possible, we use these pans to make these simple baked donuts
- Pumpkin Crullers: These pumpkin-flavored crullers dipped in a vanilla bean glaze are insanely delicious. We love the contrast of the crisp outside and almost custard-like inside. Enjoy them with a glass of hot cider!
- Pumpkin Mousse: A simple and luxurious pumpkin dessert, this mousse is a fantastic light treat at the end of any fall meal. Just top with a dollop of whipped cream and sprinkle on a few crushed ginger snap cookies for an extra special sweet!
- Pumpkin Bars: Our simple and delicious Mini Pumpkin Bars are topped with our favorite cream cheese frosting and are so easy to make. You can also turn this into a single 9″x 13″ pumpkin bread loaf to slice and serve!
- Pumpkin Cake with Pistachio Glaze: This pumpkin bundt cake is delicious, easy to make, moist, light, fluffy, and serves a crowd. The bundt cake is pretty enough, but with the sweet glaze dripping down the sides and a sprinkle of nutty pistachios, it looks as good as it tastes!
- Marbled Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars: These marbled pumpkin cheesecake bars are so decadent! We love cutting them into bite-sized pieces and serving them to a crowd.
- Pumpkin Pie with a Chocolate Crust: This rich chocolate crust pairs well with the sweet and creamy pumpkin pie filling. You’ll love the variety and unexpected flavor it adds instead of the traditional pastry crust.
More Delicious Fall Inspired Recipes You Will Love
Hungry for more?
Subscribe to never miss a recipe.
Our Best Pumpkin Recipes: No Bake Pumpkin Crème Brûlée
- 8 baby pumpkins, tops removed and completely hollowed out
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 ½ tablespoons superfine sugar
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 5 egg yolks
- 1 cup whole milk
- ⅔ cup pumpkin puree
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground allspice
- pinch ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 tablespoons turbinado (raw) sugar
- Fill a large pot with water and bring to a simmer. Add pumpkins (with lids), slightly lower heat and poach for 12 to 15 minutes or until pumpkins are tender but not mushy. Place pumpkins onto a baking sheet and place in the refrigerator for about 20 minutes.
- For filling: In a small bowl, whisk together flour, sugars and salt. Add cream and eggs and whisk together until smooth. Set aside.
- Pour milk, pumpkin puree and spices into a saucepan and whisk together. Simmer mixture for about 7 minutes. Pour 1/4 cup of the pumpkin milk mixture into the yolk mixture, whisking while pouring to prevent the yolks from scrambling.
- Once your mixture has been tempered, pour yolk mixture back into the saucepan with the remaining pumpkin milk and whisk together. Continue to whisk mixture as it simmers to prevent scrambling and whisk until mixture begins to thicken, about 3 to 5 minutes. Stir in vanilla.
- Divide mixture among poached pumpkins and refrigerate for about 2 hours or until custard sets.
- Top each pumpkin filled custard with a layer of turbinado sugar and brûlée tops with a torch. Serve.
- Tip: If filling mixture has scrambled a little, you can strain it with a sieve lined with cheesecloth to remove all the bits of cooked egg. If this happens, vanilla should be stirred in after mixture has been strained.