Pumpkin Hummus is the perfect appetizer for all of us pumpkin fans. Personally, I cannot get enough of pumpkin. I love pumpkin spice everything. While this isn’t a sweet hummus, the pumpkin works really well in this savory hummus giving it a really rich flavor. We love serving it with our baked pita chips, and veggies like carrots, cucumbers, and bell peppers. Any crudité will do!
How do you make Pumpkin Hummus?
One of the things we love about this recipe is that all the ingredients just get thrown into a food processor and blended well. That’s it! If you want to get fancy, you can top your pumpkin hummus with some pumpkin seeds or sesame seeds. If you want to get really creative you can top your with some edible flowers.
What do you eat Pumpkin Hummus with?
We like serving our recipe with baked pita chips, but crudité is also perfect. We recommend carrots, celery, and bell peppers. You can really serve it with anything you would serve with regular hummus. We also like to serve our recipe with really seedy crackers.
We used canned pumpkin puree in our recipe, but you can certainly roast your own pumpkin if you want to! We are die hard fans of Libby’s. If you don’t want to use canned pumpkin, you can find directions for roasting your own pumpkin in our recipe for Roasted Pumpkin Hummus.
Tips and tricks
If you want your hummus to be a bit looser, you can add more coconut oil. If you don’t have coconut oil on hand, thats ok. Extra virgin olive oil will work great. You can store it covered in your refrigerator for up to four days, which makes this a great recipe for entertaining because you can easily make it ahead!
More hummus recipes you might like to try:
Hungry for more?
- food processor
- 1 14.5 ounce chick peas drained, one can
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 cloves garlic roasted
- ½ tsp cumin
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tbsp coconut oil extra virgin olive oil will also work
- 1 tbsp tahini
- salt and pepper to taste
baked pita chips
- 2 pita bread each cut into 5 inch long triangles
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
Recipe instruction visual controls:
- Place all ingredients into a food processor and puree until smooth. Season with salt and pepper. Serve with pita crisps.
baked pita chips
- Preheat oven to 375˚F. Line pita triangles onto a baking sheet and brush each side with oil. Mix remaining ingredients in a small bowl and sprinkle over pita triangles, both sides. Bake for 7 to 10 minutes or until triangles have crisped up and turned golden brown. Serve with hummus.