If you’re a hummus fan like me, then this recipe for loaded hummus is gonna be perfect for you. We added some spiced lamb on the top, and because I am going through a major lamb phase I can’t get enough. I love the added protein to the hummus because now you basically have a really awesome lunch, or a beautiful plate that is perfect as an appetizer and pairs to well with a nice crisp beer. Serve with some pita or crackers or whatever delicious carb you like and you’re good to go! :) Enjoy!
Hungry for more?
Subscribe to never miss a recipe.
Spiced Lamb Filled Roasted Garlic Hummus
- 1 pound top round lamb, cubed into ½ inch pieces
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil or grape seed oil
roasted garlic hummus
- 2 (15 ounce) cans garbanzo beans, 1 can drained, 1 with liquid reserved
- ¼ cup tahini
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 5 cloves roasted garlic
- juice of 1 lemon
- salt to taste
- chopped parsley, for serving
- chopped mint leaves, for serving
- grilled pita, for serving
- Place lamb into a mixing bowl and toss together with smoked paprika, cumin, coriander, ground ginger, salt, and pepper. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- While lamb marinates, make hummus: Place garbanzo beans, plus reserved liquid, tahini, oil, garlic, lemon juice, and salt into the well of a blender and puree until silky smooth (adding water 1 to 2 tablespoons at a time, as needed). Adjust seasonings, cover and set aside.
- Remove lamb from refrigerator and allow mixture to sit at room temperature for 15 minutes.
- Place a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once skillet is hot, add oil followed by lamb and sauté for 3 to 4 minutes. Lower heat to medium and continue to cook lamb for an additional 4 to 5 minutes or until cooked through, but still slightly pink in the center. Adjust seasonings. Remove from heat and set aside.
- To assemble: Pour hummus into a large bowl and make a well in the center (can easily do this with the back of a ladle). Fill hummus well with spiced lamb and top with chopped parsley and mint. Serve with grilled pita bread.
Did you make this recipe? We want to see!
tag @SpoonForkBacon and #SpoonForkBacon on Instagram
I made today, and it was heavenly! I did toast pita bread with olive oil, oregano and salt to serve with it, and I really enjoyed it together. Thanks for the great recipe!
I would say that as far as the lamb goes, the more pink, the better–round is a fairly tough cut. I love that you have included cumin in the spice mix for the lamb–I lived in the Middle East (Saudi Arabia) for some years, and never tasted hummus in that part of the world that didn’t include cumin, garlic, tahini, and lemon juice, although here in the US cumin is rarely added and even garlic is sometimes left out. I love the sesame flavor and usually add a few drops of Oriental toasted sesame oil. Now if only I could find a source for fresh pita in my semi-rural community!!! My workaround for that is to just toast it and serve pita chips.
tasty recipe!! spiced lamb filled roasted garlic hummus..
Rocky Mountain Woman
Lovely flavor combo!
Ohh, I am definitely making this!