If you’re a hummus fan like me, then this recipe for loaded hummus is gonna be perfect for you. We added some spiced lamb on the top, and because I am going through a major lamb phase I can’t get enough. I love the added protein to the hummus because now you basically have a really awesome lunch, or a beautiful plate that is perfect as an appetizer and pairs to well with a nice crisp beer. Serve with some pita or crackers or whatever delicious carb you like and you’re good to go! :) Enjoy!
Hungry for more?
Spiced Lamb Filled Roasted Garlic Hummus
- 1 pound top round lamb, cubed into ½ inch pieces
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil or grape seed oil
roasted garlic hummus
- 2 (15 ounce) cans garbanzo beans, 1 can drained, 1 with liquid reserved
- ¼ cup tahini
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 5 cloves roasted garlic
- juice of 1 lemon
- salt to taste
- chopped parsley, for serving
- chopped mint leaves, for serving
- grilled pita, for serving
- Place lamb into a mixing bowl and toss together with smoked paprika, cumin, coriander, ground ginger, salt, and pepper. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- While lamb marinates, make hummus: Place garbanzo beans, plus reserved liquid, tahini, oil, garlic, lemon juice, and salt into the well of a blender and puree until silky smooth (adding water 1 to 2 tablespoons at a time, as needed). Adjust seasonings, cover and set aside.
- Remove lamb from refrigerator and allow mixture to sit at room temperature for 15 minutes.
- Place a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once skillet is hot, add oil followed by lamb and sauté for 3 to 4 minutes. Lower heat to medium and continue to cook lamb for an additional 4 to 5 minutes or until cooked through, but still slightly pink in the center. Adjust seasonings. Remove from heat and set aside.
- To assemble: Pour hummus into a large bowl and make a well in the center (can easily do this with the back of a ladle). Fill hummus well with spiced lamb and top with chopped parsley and mint. Serve with grilled pita bread.