I am so excited that it has finally cooled off enough in LA to get all fall inspired with recipes. While it’s not quite scarf and boots weather here yet, I know we have all embraced the slightly cooler weather and have been busy in the kitchen baking. One of the things I love about fall in all the pumpkin recipes. When I was growing up during fall we always had pumpkin bread around. A loaf would easily get devoured in a day around the house. The smell of pumpkin anything baking is just such a great smell and really rings fall for me. So today we have another way for you to utilize one of falls most favorite ingredients: Pumpkin Spiced Waffles. I really love waffles and realized that I don’t really make waffles that much, but this recipe will be sure to change that. This really is such a perfect fall breakfast recipe. You can also check out McCormick.com for more fall inspired recipes that are just as good! Enjoy and stay warm!-Teri
More pumpkin recipes you will love:
Hungry for more?
Pumpkin Spiced Waffles
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- 1 ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ½ teaspoons McCormick Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1 teaspoon McCormick Gourmet Ground Ginger
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 ½ tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- ¼ cup (½ stick) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- nonstick spray
- Place pumpkin puree, pumpkin spice and ginger in a mixing bowl and whisk together. Set aside.
- In another mixing bowl whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Add the buttermilk, butter and egg to the flour mixture. Stir together with a fork until mixture comes together and no dry spots remain.
- Stir pumpkin mixture into the waffle batter until well combined.
- Set waffle iron to desired temperature. Once heated, lightly spray the top and bottom with nonstick cooking spray. Pour ⅓ cup of the batter into the center of the waffle iron and press. Once desired doneness has been achieved, transfer waffle to a baking sheet and repeat until all batter has been used.
- Serve with softened butter and maple syrup.