We are so excited to finally have our definitive guide to our best Christmas Breakfast Ideas. Whether you’re looking for new and exciting recipes to start a family tradition, or need some ideas for your Christmas morning menu – we have a lot of recipes to choose from. Pancakes, french toast, make-ahead, recipes for a crowd, delicious egg dishes, and much more. We hope you can find a dish you love to enjoy before opening presents!
Table of contents
- One Pan Breakfast or Brunch Recipes
- Pancake Recipes for Christmas Morning
- French Toast Recipes to Please Everyone!
- Christmas Breakfast Ideas For a Group
- Cinnamon Rolls – The Classic Christmas Morning Recipe with some twists!
- On The Sweet Side Breakfast Recipes
- Baked Goods To Have On Hand
- Family Friendly Egg Dishes
- Christmas Morning Breakfast Favorites
One Pan Breakfast or Brunch Recipes
- Our Savory Breakfast Pan is basically a delicious breakfast sandwich but deconstructed. We love this dish for a group because it’s such a quick clean-up – one pan!
- Simple Cheesy Skillet Hash Browns and Eggs are a perfect morning meal. Gooey yolks mixed with crispy hash browns all in one skillet.
- Chilaquiles are tortilla chips in a crushed tomato sauce with fried eggs on top. Easy to make and comes together in less than 30 minutes!
- Simple Herb Baked Eggs with Crumbled Cheese is such an easy and flavorful way to cook up eggs for multiple people at once. A delicious egg breakfast recipe for Christmas morning!
Pancake Recipes for Christmas Morning
- This Cheesy Pumpkin Pancakes Recipe is a fall favorite. If you’re a fan of savory breakfast ideas, these pancakes are perfect!
- Chocolate Chip, Bacon and Orange Kissed Pancakes are a perfect Christmas Day breakfast recipe. The chocolate chips give a touch of sweetness and the bacon a little salt.
- Kids will love these easy Apple Cinnamon Pancakes. A touch of cinnamon with delicious apples makes for a delicious holiday treat.
- Our Herb and Cheese Dutch Baby is one giant pancake. This pancake is more custard-like than traditional pancakes. Change up the toppings to your preference!
- Brown Sugar, Coconut, and Blueberry Pancakes are thick and fluffy pancakes that soak in maple syrup so well.
French Toast Recipes to Please Everyone!
- Savory French Toast Roll-Ups are a unique version of classic french toast. Cheese, bacon, and egg, what more could you want in a perfect breakfast recipe?
- Banana Bread French Toast is the perfect way to use up that banana bread that may have gone stale. We coat it in corn flakes to make a crispy exterior. Cover these in maple syrup and you have a perfect special Christmas morning breakfast!
- Baked Apple Cinnamon French Toast Casserole is a great dish to make for a group. This french toast casserole has thin apple slices are layered in between thick pieces of egg-soaked bread and then baked.
- Dessert for breakfast? Yes, please! These Strawberry and Cinnamon French Roll-Ups are exactly that. This French toast bake is sure to make your Christmas special!
Christmas Breakfast Ideas For a Group
- Our favorite Christmas breakfast recipe is this Breakfast Casserole. It has everything you would want in a recipe all baked together. Eggs, cheddar cheese, hash browns, peppers, and sausage.
- This Sausage Strata is the ideal dish if you’re looking to carb load! This is best fresh out of the oven, and great for a crowd because you can make it ahead of time.
- This Beet Cured Salmon Brunch Platter is a perfect brunch platter you can prepare entirely ahead of time. Use our mini bagel recipe to get some perfectly portioned bagel bites on your platter. Serve with cream cheese or crème fraîche!
- This Hash Brown Crust Bacon and Cheddar Cheese Quiche is a show stopper of a recipe. The hash brown crust is crispy and delicious. This special dish is perfect for the holidays!
- Cheesy, Flaky Breakfast Cups are basically an all-american breakfast in muffin form. These are super easy to batch up, and are ready in under 30 minutes!
Cinnamon Rolls – The Classic Christmas Morning Recipe with some twists!
- Cinnamon Rolls may the quintessential Christmas morning breakfast treat, and this Cinnamon Roll Loaf is a twist on the classic. This is a cross between monkey bread and cinnamon rolls, covered in delicious icing.
- These Strawberry Stuffed Cinnamon Rolls with a Chamomile Vanilla Glaze are one of our best Christmas breakfast ideas. We up-leveled traditional cinnamon rolls with strawberries and added some chamomile flavor to the glaze. These are so good!
- Talk about an impressive-looking recipe. Our Browned Butter Braided Cinnamon Roll Cake is as good as it is beautiful. You can’t get much more festive than a wreath-shaped brunch recipe!!
- We understand if you want to stick to a classic, so this Brown Butter Cinnamon Roll recipe might just be for you. Think of these as the cinnamon rolls you know and love, but with an extra flavor boost from the nutty browned butter.
On The Sweet Side Breakfast Recipes
- Triple Berry Bread Pudding can also be a dessert recipe, but I think it’s similar to a french toast bake that we just thought we would include it in this big list of breakfast ideas.
- Honey Brick Toast is similar to french toast in that it’s bread soaked in an egg mixture. The difference is that the crust gets a little more crispy and the inside is very custardy. Topped with whipped cream and strawberries. This recipe is so good!
- Meyer Lemon and Ricotta Stuffed Crepes are such a fun dish that would make a perfect tradition everyone will love.
- These homemade Apple Fritters are easy to batch up, and would even make a sweet treat after Christmas Dinner.
Baked Goods To Have On Hand
- Our Chocolate Chip and Coconut Banana Bread is a quick bread recipe that is great to just have on tap for the morning. We love snacking on it while waiting for the main meal to be prepared.
- These Streusel Acorn Squash Muffins are really flavorful and a perfect Christmas morning treat. We love that you can make a day ahead!
- Our Sour Cream and Cinnamon Crumb Cake is our version of a coffee cake. A streusel top with delicious cake flavor.
- Scones are a delicious baked treat to have coffee. Our Cranberry and Orange Scones have such good flavor and we love the brightness cranberries give these treats.
Family Friendly Egg Dishes
- Our Baked Egg Boats are one of our signature brunch recipes. Think of these like soup in a bread bowl, but swap the soup for a quiche. These are so delicious, and a very simple and easy dish.
- Twice Baked Breakfast Potatoes are so good. A great recipe for families, and easily modifiable if you’re working with some allergies. With easy ingredients, this dish can be prepped ahead so it will be easy to finish off in the morning.
- These Breakfast Scramble Stuffed Avocados are the perfect recipe. They require simple ingredients and take only 15 minutes to prepare.
- Pesto Topped Soft Scrambled Eggs with Bacon is a super simple dish that only takes minutes to make. Serve these with our Crispy and Cheesy Hash Browns.
- Our Ham, Spinach and Swiss Stuffed Breakfast Crepes are an excellent choice for your Christmas morning menu. We love a runny yolk!
- Potato Skin Egg Boats is one of our most popular morning recipes. Hollowed out potato halves filled with an egg mixture and baked, they are so good.
- If you’re looking for something extra special for Christmas morning this Corned Beef Hash Eggs Benedict is it. The hollandaise sauce is so good!
Christmas Morning Breakfast Favorites
- Another yummy Christmas brunch Idea is our Easy Biscuits and Gravy Recipe. It is the ultimate in comfort food. A great dish for chilly mornings!
- These Freeze Ahead Turkey and Sausage Breakfast Sandwiches are a totally make-ahead sandwich. This recipe is perfect if you want to be totally hands-off cooking Christmas morning.
- Extra Cheesy Breakfast Grilled Cheese is basically the cheesiest grilled cheese you can think of – but make it breakfast.
- Pumpkin Spiced Waffles are the epitome of fall, but if you’re like us and can’t get enough of everything pumpkin spice you will love these fragrant waffles. Don’t forget the maple syrup!
- Our Breakfast Pot Pies can be made ahead of time and baked when you’re ready. You can make one big one for your family, or individual ones too!
Looking for more recipes perfect for Christmas time? Try these: