While the work piles up, and time off is non-existent, staying sane for me happens with the little things, like this Chocolate Chip Coconut Banana Bread. Here are some of my other little things:
1. Do something that makes you feel pretty. Pluck those eyebrows or braid your hair, or wear some neat jewelry.
2. If you have a spare moment, Google pictures of somewhere you want to go. My latest go to Google image search is camping in a tee pee.
3. Draw doodles. My favorite doodle is looking at someone, drawing his or her face without looking at the paper or lifting up the pen.
4. Think about how much cooler life is going to be once Downton Abbey returns.
5. Take baths. They are awesome and relaxing and I don’t think most people do it enough.
Ok you guys. We have some crazy delicious chocolate chip coconut banana bread for you today. We made it in these mini loaf pans but you can also make it full size. Throughout the week we will be posting two more recipes that utilize banana bread in other crazy amazing combinations. So keep a look out! We hope you love them! If you love this recipe, you’ll also love our Chai Banana Cake!
Hungry for more?
Subscribe to never miss a recipe.
Chocolate Chip Coconut Banana Bread
- 9" loaf pan or 5" loaf pans
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 3 medium over ripe bananas
- 10 tbsp unsalted butter softened
- 1 1/8 cups granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ¾ cup chocolate chips
- ⅔ cup shredded coconut toasted
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a 9 inch loaf pan (or mini loaf pans) and set aside.
- Sift flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon together, into a mixing bowl and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, melt butter. Add bananas and mash with a fork.
- Add sugar and vanilla to banana mixture and stir together until completely combined.
- Add eggs and continue to mix together.
- Stir dry mixture into wet mixture until well combined and fold in chocolate chips and coconut.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan (or pans) and bake for about 45 minutes for the mini loaves, about 1 hour 20 minutes for full size loaf or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the center of bread.
- Allow bread to cool in pan for about 20 minutes before removing and allowing bread to cool completely. Slice and serve.
Did you make this recipe? We want to see!
tag @SpoonForkBacon and #SpoonForkBacon on Instagram
It is baking as I write this the batter tasted excellent can’t wait to try it!
Hi there! My sister and I have made this recipe so many (easily 10+) times over the last several years – and it is absolutely delicious every time. We love the toasted coconut and the chocolate chip add-ins. Thank you for the recipe. I tried the recipe out today with white-wheat flour, coconut oil and canola oil because of lactose intolerance, as well as brown sugar/honey instead of sugar (I ran out). It’s good – a little less sweet, but still tasty!
On a personal note, thank you for thriving as an Asian-American blogger! I’m inspired every time I see women of color, especially those whose family of origin may have immigrated from Asia, doing big things.
Teri Lyn Fisher
Yay! Thank you :)
Hi! Thanks for this recipe. I made this today and it’s yummy! I just added a little more coconut for more crunch and it’s so good! My family will absolutely love this! Thanks again!
Hi! Thank you so much for this recipe. I made this is muffin form (baked for 30 min) and they just turned out fantastic. My husband loved them and my kid cannot get enough of them. Thanks so much.
Just made this and it is absolutely delicious! Only snag I ran into was it overflowed the 9inch loaf pan I use. Not sure if I made a mistake somewhere but I think next time I will
split the batter into two loaf pans.
Amazing recipe, thanks so much for sharing!!
I made mini-muffins with this and they turned out great! I made a few changes to the recipe: I replaced half of the butter with apple sauce, and part of the sugar with maple syrup. I also used “white whole wheat” flour, so i had to add an extra half cup of milk and used a tiny bit more baking powder and baking soda. I baked them for 15 minutes :)
I’d like to make these is muffin form!! What aside from baking time would I need to adjust? And how long should I bake them for? Thanks!! I can’t wait to try
Just remember to fill them only about 1/2 way bc they rise quite a bit. I’m not sure about the bake time, but my guess is 30-40 min. I would still check them while baking to make sure. Good luck!
I have made this three times in the past couple of weeks…everyone LOVES it! I used chopped pecans instead of chocolate chips. Sooooo good!
Holy shitsnacks! if you could bottle the smell in this house, you could sell it as an aphrodisiac!
this bread is like amazeballs amazing! I’m loving it and my neighbors are drooling! hehehe
thanks for sharing this delicious deliciousness!