While the work piles up, and time off is non-existent, staying sane for me happens with the little things. Here are some of my little things:
1. Do something that makes you feel pretty. Pluck those eyebrows or braid your hair, or wear some neat jewelry.
2. If you have a spare moment, Google pictures of somewhere you want to go. My latest go to Google image search is camping in a tee pee.
3. Look at A Cozy Kitchen’s Cute Animal pinterest board: https://pinterest.com/acozykitchen/cute-animals/
4. Draw doodles. My favorite doodle is looking at someone, drawing his or her face without looking at the paper or lifting up the pen.
5. Think about how much cooler life is going to be once Downton Abbey returns.
6. Take baths. They are awesome and relaxing and I don’t think most people do it enough.
Ok you guys. We have some crazy delicious Banana Bread for you today. Do you see its one recipe three ways? Throughout the week we will be posting two more recipes that utilize banana bread in other crazy amazing combinations. So keep a look out. We hope you love them!
Chocolate Chip Coconut Banana Bread
Makes 1 (9”) loaf or 3 (5”) loaves
2 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
3 medium (over-ripe) bananas
1/2 cup (1 stick) plus 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
1 cup plus 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
3/4 chocolate chips
2/3 cup shredded coconut, toasted
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a 9 inch loaf pan (or mini loaf pans) and set aside.
2. Sift flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon together, into a mixing bowl and set aside.
3. In a large mixing bowl, melt butter. Add bananas and mash with a fork.
4. Add sugar and vanilla to bansna mixture and stir together until completely combined.
5. Add eggs and continue to mix together.
6. Stir dry mixture into wet mixture until well combined and fold in chocolate chips and coconut.
7. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan (or pans) and bake for about 45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the center of bread.
8. Allow bread to cool in pan for about 20 minutes before removing and allowing bread to cool completely. Slice and serve.
*To Freeze: Wrap cooled loaf tightly with plastic wrap, followed by foil and place in freezer fir up to 2 1/2 months for maximum freshness. If making mini loaves, make sure to individually wrap each loaf before freezing.