We’re ending our week of pizza dough with a dessert, our cinnamon sugar messy bread with vanilla icing! It’s super easy to make and fun to eat. I made mini loaves because I thought they were cute, but you can also make one large loaf (baked for a longer amount of time). These are the mini loaf pans that I used. This is a fun way to turn a savory pizza dough recipe into a sweet treat.
I think everyone should bake a prosciutto, butternut squash and kale pizza this weekend, serve it with parmesan-garlic straws and finally finish the meal off with everyones own individual cinnamon sugar messy bread. It’s a great way to use a basic pizza dough, three different ways.
Enjoy! xx Jenny
Other recipes you might like:
Hungry for more?
Subscribe to never miss a recipe.
Cinnamon Sugar Messy Bread
- ½ recipe for basic pizza dough
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 ½ tablespoons cinnamon
- ½ cup (1 stick) sweet cream butter, melted
- 1 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 1 ½ tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Cut dough into small, 1 inch pieces. Set aside.
- Place sugar and cinnamon into a small bowl and toss together until completely mixed.
- Dip dough pieces into melted butter and shake off excess.
- Next, dredge buttered dough pieces into cinnamon-sugar mixture until well coated.
- Grease mini loaf pans and begin filling with coated pieces of dough until pans are filled.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until sticky and golden brown. Remove loaves from pans, onto a cooling rack and allow messy breads to cool until just slightly warm.
- For icing: Place sugar, milk and vanilla in a small mixing bowl and stir together with a fork (using a whisk will cause air bubbles to form in the icing).
- Drizzle icing over messy bread loaves and serve.